13

Vicky turned back and got in the car. Taking reverse, he waited for her to enter. She stood with tears looking at him. Why his pain, hurt her so much.

She was going towards car, but noticed his wallet fell on the ground.
She took it. Dusting off, she opened the wallet and found a picture.

Vicky pressed the horn hard, making her distract from the picture

Vicky pressed the horn hard, making her distract from the picture. She jerked, closed the wallet and got inside the car.
She extended the wallet.
"Your wallet, dropped it there."

He took it from her without giving a glance. They drove off.

Late at night, Roshni was deeply in thought. It's been long she has slept peacefully. Everyday it was Gayatri who disturbed her. But today the reason was something else.

Roshni's Pov

The picture in his wallet. That photo looks somewhat like mine.
Why is he strolling around keeping my picture in his wallet. Normally he behaves so strange towards me; mostly in anger. Then why..
But... But the picture... I never had such a haircut, or neither I took such a picture nor I had similar dress.
Was it really me or someone else... The picture looked a bit old.
What if she is his girlfriend .What if she resembles my face.. Maybe that's the reason is to strange on me. No, No... If he loves her, then I don't think he will behave like this. Oh God!! I am so confused... What's happening around me. Isn't this Gayatri drama enough for my life to make it complicated. Why some other girl with same face as mine.. And why I feel so frustrated, or.. rather... Jealous..

A wolf howl dragged her attention. She stood up from the bed and moved towards the window. She gazed on the forest, and the feeling was weird.
'Why I feel something very bad is going to happen... Somebody is in danger... Maybe in the forest.. But who... Shall I go and see... No. I promised him, that I won't go there alone. Maybe I am just imagining things.'

Her vision drifted to the moon. She had always felt a different attraction towards the moon, towards the night, as if she belonged there.

Again he heard a howl, this time more louder. A part of her was scared. A part of her was worried about the unknown danger. She closed her eyes tightly.

A girl in blue dress, ran through the forest. She was scared. She was crying for help. She was followed by a wolf, or maybe more than one. Her strength was getting low and she fell down. The wolves attacked her. And she screamed.

Roshni opened her eyes with fear. The vision was blur. Yet, the scream seemed too real.
'What is happening... Something is wrong..'

.
.

Vicky ran down through the steps.

"Vicky, where are you going at this hour?" , Clare asked her son, who seemed a bit worried.

"Mom, I should go. They are back. I can smell them. "

Chand: "Vicky.. Not only you, we too can do that. But you can't go now. It's not safe for you."