10

The drive back to college was a silent one. No one spoke, 'cause their minds were too busy. One with heartbreaking memories, while the other with full of questions.

Roshni's Pov

What's happening around me... I feel so connected to this place.. And Gayatri... That name seems so familiar. Did I know her.. but how, she passed away five years before my birth. Then how. ...

Roshni pressed her forehead . As she looked to the next seat, she found him; completely lost.

Vicky.. what happened to you... Whenever I say about Gayatri, why you feel so tensed...or rather...hurt.
But, whatever be it, I feel so calm around you. I know, whenever I am in a problem, you will come for me , as always.

Roshni diverted her vision to the window. The same time, he looked back at her reading all in her mind. The forest premises reminded her of each events that took place in her life after coming to Munnar.
Everytime when she is around the forest, one thing is common. Vicky.

But how Vicky... How can you sense the danger around me. First day when I was lost in the forest, you were the one who guided me. Then , that truck accident. I was nearly dead. How you emerged from somewhere just like that ..how..  And yesterday, yesterday too, you came to save me. How Vicky.. are you spying on me or.. do you have any special abilities..

She looked back at him, who seemed a bit relaxed now.

Who are you Vicky... An angel who came for me.. or something else, which I ever can understand....

The car hit sudden break. Roshni moved a bit forward due to sudden stop.
"What happened Vicky... Why you stopped the car like that..?"

"We reached college Roshni. Now get out. "

The same rude Vicky is back it seems.
She looked around and found the college premises. She looked at the watch. "Vicky.. how does we reached so fast.. I mean.. it's nearly five minutes I guess "

"Not five, fifteen. It's been fifteen minutes. Your guess is wrong."

"But.."

"What else, you were so lost in your imaginary world. So you won't recognize the time until it's too late. "

Vicky said, as he was pointing to something else, which she couldn't understand. She nodded her head and opened the door.

"Wait."

Roshni stopped hearing his voice.

"Now follow your promise. You won't ever go back to the forest. Understood.."

R "But.. but why Vicky..? What's the-"

"Won't you understand... It's dangerous. Forest is full of wild animals, especially wolves. Even your hair won't be left if they caught you. "

"Wolves.... Is that so... Then why are you always around the forest? Won't they had you, because you are Victor Grover..ha..?"

"Roshni I live there. My house, resides almost in the middle of forest. I know the place well. Every time when I am the way to home, I will find you somewhere near the forest. First on that very day you came here. Then after that fresher's party. And then yesterday too. Be happy I had some work in office last night. Else I wouldn't be able to get you last night, and you must have turned the food for wild animals..."