Chapter 50 | Valerie and Tobias Weasley

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

The Snape Manor is looking better than ever.

Immediately after Fred moved in, we brightened up the Manor and made one of the dueling rooms into a nursery.

I'm having twins, a boy and a girl. We found out 8 months ago, which means they'll be due next month.

I feel so bad for Fred, having to deal with my pregnant tantrums while keeping his cool. One time he tried to give me cookies to calm me down, but I screamed at him because I wanted Cheerios.

I've been eating them every single day for breakfast.

Fred and I are naming the children Valerie and Tobias, after deciding not to bother picking favorites to name our children after. I am not sure if I can handle these kids, but I'll do my best.

I'm overwhelmed with excitement and anxiety.

When the babies do come on May 20, Fred faints and I start crying at the sight o them. They're so small and it took so long to get them here. They truly are going to be the best wizards in the wizarding universe.

I swear to Merlin, these kids will be loved to no end.

For years, Fred and I teach the kids several little spells and tips and tricks before they get to Hogwarts. At age 5, they could both randomly spout little bursts of enchantments at the intended target, no matter how weak they are.

At 8, Tobias is fiercely protecting his sister, and she is always up there with him, her hair cascading down her back in light brown waves.

Tobias tries to show me a frog that apparently was attempting to murder them, and I sigh and hex the frog (I don't really do anything to it, I just want to make them happy).

I tell her to run along and play with Tobias before we go to Molly and Arthur's for the evening. While Fred is entertaining Toby, Valerie joins them and I help cook a casserole and a bread pudding, just like my old neighbor, Marie used to make.

Speaking of my old neighbor's, I saw Reuben for the first time in 6 years just a few months ago.

He seemed surprised I was married and a mother, but he was on his way to getting married as well. He met a guy named Brian, and the way he talked about him, I didn't mind too much. Brian seriously seemed like a good guy.

I'm glad Jesse moved away though. He's back in a smaller town far, far away.

Reuben seemed relieved as well, and could finally move on from his childhood crush.

Meanwhile, he hoped my husband and I were doing swell together. I told him we were.

On the same day, Fred had given me a thin bracelet to wear. I thought it was very sweet.

But then again, Fred is just very sweet himself.
~~~~

Valerie and Tobias, now 11, are sitting in mine and Fred's beds, complaining about how they have to wait for Hogwarts.

Valerie is a lot less open about it. She's become very protective over her brother, and will smart-mouth anyone who takes a jab at her or Tobias. Still, she's very sweet to her loved ones if she isn't busying herself with practice brooms. She can definitely be more reserved than her brother.

Tobias is incredibly smart. He can outsmart or fight anyone his age, because of his size and intelligence. He's clever and stocky for an eleven year old, but charming altogether. He's perfect at Valerie's side.

Already I can imagine them ruling Hogwarts.

Tobias picks up a magazine and laughs at a weird looking witch who is fascinating Muggles with her looks. She's called a "magician" which makes me want to laugh, too.

"What a joke," Toby says, snickering.

Valerie playfully punches his shoulder. "You're a joke."

"Now, now," Fred says, almost falling asleep.

I pinch his cheek. "Are you tired?"

"No," he lies.

I roll my eyes. "I'm sure the joke shop was particularly tiring today, huh?"

He rolls onto his side, groaning. The twins hop out of the bed and tell us they're going to practice with their brooms.

I lie on my side, facing Fred. "How was the shop today? George keeping you busy?"

"We're keeping each other busy," Fred says, grinning. "It's just what we do."

"I know." I pause. "Is this the life you really wanted with me?"

He stares. "Of course. I wouldn't have it any other way, I promise. Why?"

I shrug. He pulls in close so I can lie on his chest, feeling his familiar heartbeat. "I love you, Fred Weasley."

"I love you, (Y/N) Weasley."

I'll never not smile at my name.

~~~~
Published 5-18-20

This chapter does not sit well with me, I don't know. I just don't like it, but I hope you enjoyed.

Pfft imagine having children and being a successful mother and wife. Couldn't be me