Chapter 3

"LOOK OUT!" yelled Kavya.

Dhruv turned his head to see her running towards him at full speed.

Kavya darted towards him at full speed. She threw the basket which contained her fruit aside and pushed her hands on his chest as she secured him to safety.

The tractor once again swerved out of the way and the driver angrily yelled again waving his fist at them this time.

Kavya squinted her eyes through the blaring sun and she realized that she had landed right on top of the stranger and they were lying on the grass in the scorching heat.

As Kavya was on top of Dhruv, she felt her hands gravitate to check if the stranger was still breathing and that their heartbeat was normal.

That's when Kavya realized that this stranger had very toned abs. The guy squinted his eyes and then suddenly looked up at her. His brown eyes looked like giant chocolate pools that you could drown in. His hair soft and smooth rested on top of his head with one strand falling over his forehead. The veins on his arms popped out furiously and his lips looked fiery red.

Kavya gulped as she felt her heartbeat increasing fast just by looking at the attractive stranger.

This guy is really good looking. 

Dhruv's vision cleared up and he observed the girl who was now on his chest. Her long black hair was curled up and her eyelashes very long in length. The shape of her face was pretty as was her facial structure. Her face portrayed the look of innocence yet a concern for him even though she had no idea who he was.

This girl is stunning. 

His gaze immediately traveled towards her lips subconsciously. Obviously, with him being a guy that was a very typical 'guy thing' to do.

Kavya broke eye contact and got off of him.

"Are you okay?" she asked while sitting on the grass beside him.

"I'm fine. Why did you push me out of the way?"

"There was a tractor right behind you and it was about to.." she trailed off not wanting to continue any further.

"So you saved my life? Thank you so much." Dhruv said gratefully.

"Oh, it is not a problem. It's not every day that a hot guy.." she suddenly cut herself mid-sentence as she realized what she was about to say. Her cheeks turned pink.

Dhruv looked at her and his lips curved upward. "What were you about to say?" he asked innocently.

"Nothing," she said looking away sheepishly. She waved her hand away as if to dismiss the comment she almost made.

"What's your name?" she asked.

"Dhruv. Dhruv Kohli." he got up and dusted his pants off and looked at her and grinned.

She smiled back and Dhruv suddenly held out a hand to lift her from the ground.

As she took the hand and was about to get up, she yelped in pain and immediately went back to sit down.

"What happened?" asked Dhruv, showing concern. He motioned for her to show her foot.

Kavya's ankle was blistering. It was swelling up the color of red and she couldn't get up because of it.

"You must have fallen to the ground and injured your foot," said Dhruv, assuming what had happened.

Kavya looked at her phone and she noticed that the screen was shattered and it was totally damaged.

"Are you serious?" she said incredulously. "I just bought this phone last week and of course it had to break today!" she pouted as she looked at it.

Dhruv smiled at her childish pout and suddenly whipped out something from his pocket.

"Here, I have two phones. You can use my spare one." Dhruv said.

"How can you trust me like that? And, why do you have two phones?" Kavya questioned.

"I like my privacy," he said shrugging casually.

"And how can you trust me with your phone?"

He bent down and leaned in towards her ear.

"I think you're worth the risk," he said in a husky voice. He brushed his face across hers and she closed her eyes and sighed feeling the effect of the close proximity between her and Dhruv.

Who is this guy? 

"Two phones? That seems really shady. Are you sure you aren't a politician or something?" Kavya asked suspiciously.

Dhruv laughed and shook his head. "I promise I'm not a politician."

"Anyways," Kavya said, shaking her head. "Nice meeting you and thanks for the phone."

"Woah! Where exactly do you think you're going?" he said as he prevented her from getting home.

"I'm going to try and find a way back home," Kavya said as if she was pointing out something painfully obvious. "Duh!"

Dhruv shook his head amused. "I'll help you get home."

"How are you supposed to help me?"

"Like this." he paused and scooped Kavya up in his arms.