XIX. Better Angels

Beginne am Anfang

Carl hesitated and looked over at his father one last time before taking the gun.

Rick wrapped his arm around his sons shoulders and pulled him into his side as the two welcomed the silence that eloped them.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"UH GUYS." GLENNS voice sounded from over near the barn. The group who had all been discussing the plan on what to do with Randall all turned their attention over to him. "Randalls missing."

They wasted no time and ran into the barn, looking around and trying to figure out what had happened.

"He slipped out of the cuffs." Rick said as he inspected the handcuffs which were covered in blood from all the boys struggling.

"What happened?" Partica asked as she ran out of the house with the others after hearing all the commotion outside.

"Randalls missing." Glenn told them the truth causing worried looks to take over their faces.

"Missing?" Patrica asked.

"How?" Hershal added as he glanced over to his two daughters who were standing with the Smith kids and Judith.

"The door was secured from the outside." Someone pointed out.

"How long you think hes been gone?" Someone else asked.

Before anything else could be said a scream broke out from their left.

"Rick!" It was Shane. "Rick!"

"What happened?!" Carol yelled back as everyone started to rush towards Shane.

"Hes armed!" Shane walked closer to them allowing them to see how ruff he looked. "He's got my gun!"

"Are you okay?" Carl asked as he pulled Judith closer to his chest as if he were trying to protect her. Ryder did the same with Skylin who looked confused as ever.

"I'm fine, little bastard just snuck up on me. Clocked me in the face." Shane snarled as he made his way closer to them.

"All right Hershal, t-dog! Get everybody back in the house." He yelled before bending down infront of his kids. "You still have that gun?" He asked Carl who nodded. "Alright good. I want you all to go upstairs, to Hopes room. Your gonna stay there until I tell you otherwise okay? Carl lock the door. Don't let anyone in unless you can trust them okay? I trust you guys to be safe." He looked them all in the eyes as they shook their heads. Carl grabbed onto Skylin who was holding onto Ryder and started to drag them towards the house, Judith still in his arms. "Okay, Glenn Daryl. Come with us." He told them as he stood back to his full height.

"T I'm gonna need that gun." Shane said as he stalked towards the mentioned man, blood deipping down his face and his nose twisted at an awkward angle.

Carol shook her head. "Just let him go, that was the plan wasn't it? Just let him go?"

Rick quickly turned down her idea. "The plan was to cut him loose far away from here. Not on our front step with a gun."

"Don't go out there y'all know what can happen." Carol yelled to the men who were now running off into the woods.

"Get everyone back in the house." Rick yelled as he approached the tree line. "Lock all the doors and stay put!"