Fasting

Anddd this is the chapter you've all been waiting for....

It's the Ramadan oneshot!!!

So first things first, before we dive into this story, there's two things I'm gonna explain about;
1. Ramadan
2. Qailullah nap

So firstly, Ramadan is the most sacred month of the year for Muslims.

During the entire month of Ramadan, Muslims fast every day from dawn to sunset. It is meant to be a time of spiritual discipline - of deep contemplation of one's relationship with God, extra prayer, increased charity and generosity, and intense study of the Quran.

But if that makes it sound super serious and boring, it's really not. Ramadan is actually pretty awesome.

How does fasting work?

The practice of fasting serves several spiritual and social purposes: to remind you of your human frailty and your dependence on God for sustenance, to show you what it feels like to be hungry and thirsty so you feel compassion for (and a duty to help) the poor and needy, and to reduce the distractions in life so you can more clearly focus on your relationship with God.

During Ramadan, Muslims abstain from eating any food, drinking any liquids, smoking cigarettes, and engaging in any sexual activity, from dawn to sunset.

What is a typical day like during Ramadan?

Every day, before dawn, we'll have our meal which prepares us for the whole day which is called sahur.

Muslims will then fast from dawn and break their fast at dusk, where they'll be able to eat, drink and such as usual.

The routine repeats daily for the next 29/30 days.

Muslims are not supposed to avoid work or school or any other normal duties during the day just because we are fasting. Muslims go about their daily business as we normally would, despite not being able to eat or drink anything the whole day.

This is a simplified explanation on Ramadan. If you want to read the full article, you can check it out here:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2017/5/25/11851766/what-is-ramadan-2019-start-date-muslim-islam-about

So that's Ramadan.

Now, Qailullah nap.

Qailullah nap is a legit power nap.

1 min of Qailullah nap = 40 mins of sleeping at night.

If anyone is interested in trying to Qailullah nap, it's pretty easy.

Just wait for the half an hour period before Zuhr.

Have the intention to Qailullah nap.

Then nap.

Trust me, you'll wake up feeling so much better (especially if you're a night owl like me, who just can't sleep at night)

Also, Qailullah nap isn't just limited during Ramadan. You can do it at any day.

Now, on to the story!!!

*******************************

When Boboiboy stepped into Yaya's lab during lunch break as usual, he knew something was off.

For starters, she didn't greet him like she usually did when he crashed in.

And she was stumbling a bit as she walked around her pantry.