Blind IV

" What do you mean I can't go with you??"

"It's like I said. You stay in the ship, we scout the area"

"Why in the world can't I follow you?"

"Because you can't see"

Yaya huffed in frustration at his answer. She glared at her husband, making it clear that she wasn't happy with his decision.

She wanted to say that she was winning the staring showdown against her husband,but it was ironic since she was blind. Granted, she couldn't really see him, but she could feel his breath on her face and hear a sigh escape his lips.

"I can't focus on this mission if all I'm doing is worry about you"

"Then why bring me along on this mission? If all I'm doing is worrying you?" She snapped and crossed her arms.

"Desperate situation calls for desperate measure" he replied cooly.

"I'm not that desperate, Boboiboy!"

"Godammit Yaya! I am! I'm desperate!"

Her lips were sealed at his sudden outburst. She didn't expect him to say it out loud. She knew her husband was worried about her, but he never explicitly said it to her face.

Slowly, she raised her right hand, trying to find his large ones. Thankfully, her husband caught it and wrapped her fingers with his.

He gave it a small kiss before saying softly. "Do you know how scared I was when you went limp in my arms?"

Hearing him say that, her heart broke. Of course he was. She fainted out of the blue in the library after accidentally using the sixth sense thingy. To make it worse, she passed out for for 5 hours without any reasonable explanation. The lack of information on her weird state wasn't helping either.

They had no idea what made her blind.

Nor do they know how to cure it.

Nor how does the blindness connects with her sixth sense, which wasn't helpful at all.

All the sixth sense did was help her sense useless things about her surroundings and give a totally painful headache.

Did she mentioned that it recently made her pass out for 5 hours as well?

Yup. Really helpful.

Wanting to chase his worries away, she wrapped herself around him and pecked his cheek.

"I'm sorry"

She felt him closing the gap between their foreheads. "You don't have to. I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have acted on my emotions and brought you along on this scouting mission"

"Well..why did you?" She asked softly.

He hesitated for a bit before saying. "As you know, we finally have a new lead. However, the lead is too.. suspicious. Hence is why we're going to approach the lead and investigate them ourselves"

He wrapped his arms around her waist before continuing. "I was excited,to be honest. Finally having a new lead after a month of cluelessness. I guess I wasn't thinking straight. I somehow believed that we could easily find information on the cure and immediately bring you to it. I know, the plan is stupid and naive"

Yaya smiled at his explanation. "Hey,don't push yourself too hard on that. Besides, if it was stupid , why wouldn't the others stop you?"

As if on cue, they could hear Ying and Fang's hushed bickering from outside the closed private compartment. "Come on Fang!! Don't you have anything better to do??"