Chapter 38

When I said that I was going home, I didn't expect Zak to follow.. But here I was, stood at my front door hand on hip whilst he stood there, grinning like a fool.

"You gotta be kidding me." I say seeing the overnight bag.

"Nope. Hope you got snacks, I'm hungry." He says, muscling his way in and disappearing into the kitchen.

Don't scream, don't scream, don't scream..

I close the front door and go after the sounds of my cupboards opening and closing, followed by the oohs and ahhs.
Stepping into the kitchen, I find Zak disappearing into the pantry.

"Hey, how come you haven't done this in my house?" He asks, stepping back into view with a basket in his hand. "You got a little labels and everything.."

I came home for privacy, whilst I throw up and slob about, now I have a six foot plus giant ransacking my pantry asking...

"Can I have a snack basket too?" He asks. Then there is the gasp "You got a nut selection too?!"

"Really?" I ask him as he comes back out holding the jar of raw almonds.

"You gotta label maker, haven't you? This is seriously over-organised. But I love it. I'm taking these too." He says walking out the kitchen and into the lounge.

"Zak.." I sigh walking after him.

With a high sigh, he flops down on the couch "What a day."

I frown "You spend most of the day in the office, with me. Whilst I slept."

"I know, it was hard work being a cuddle buddy. You owe me. So I'm here, to collect on that."

"I owe you?"

"Uh-huh. Gracie is at my moms tonight, so I'm here with you. To be the little spoon." He announces.

Is he freakin' joking right now?

I step forward to take the jar out of his hand because it's stressing me out that he hasn't washed his hands. Failing to see his bag on the floor, I walk into it and nearly fall over.

"Whoops." He says, reaching down and sliding it out the way. "Come."

"Give me them." I answer, pulling the jar from his hands and going into the kitchen. Returning with a small bowl for him. "There, we use bowls and why is Gracie at your moms?"

He crunches down some more almonds before looking back up. "Oh, because my mom insisted that I come and spend the night to make sure you are okay."

"I'm fine."

"Hell yeah you are." He responds, quirking a brow that makes me suppress a stupid smile. He sits up and puts the bowl on the coffee table. "She was worried and I got a ear bending when she learnt that you were coming home alone. Bacon also informed her that you haven't been feeling great, so I also got into trouble for that..."

"I'm have a gag order put on him." I sigh, sitting on the arm of the chair. "Look, I love that you've came to check on me.. But staying over?"

He looks around my home. "Yeah, this is cosy. I like it."

I try to see what he is seeing, but fail.

Because he looks too large for my living room, which makes me think, how the freakin' hell is he going to fit in my bed!

--------------------

Turns out, he wasn't joking on being the little spoon.

This big ass man who I thought was the prince of darkness is an absolute baby. Who actually sulked until I fell into my role of big spoon. Now he was on his back, flat out, star fished across my bed, catching flies.