Chapter 2

I watch as Zak rubs his eyes with his hand before looking at me leaning against the grocery store shelves.

For the past ten minutes I've been filling him in on Gemma the gym Bunny and Ed.

"You seem tense." I tell him causing a scoff.

"Really? Maybe it's something to do with the woman following me around the store with her nonstop talking?" He guesses.

I hum in thought. "No it's something else." I tap my lips in thought before snapping my fingers "You're hung up on your ex girlfriend, who is banging her personal trainer and you stupidly thought that when she stayed out overnight that she was at her friend's and not having a hot steamy sex session with him in the back room?"

"No." He deadpans making me sigh. "I am not Ed."

"No, you aren't." I observe.

His eyes are an ice blue with flecks of green and brown but through the mixture it looks gold.  He's taller, definitely taller and I'd roughly put him at six foot and a little bit more. 

There was tattoos, I say that plural from the one on his finger and the hint of one on the back of his neck that I saw as he tried to speed walk away from me.

"How many tattoos do you have?" I ask.

He frowns "Do you have A.D.D by any chance? Your thought process is everywhere."

"Nothing diagnosed. So tell me, how many?"

It was hard to tell how much ink he had under the long sleeve black shirt and jeans.

I'm guessing his favourite colour was black. Everything about him was black.

"Why do you want to know?" Zak questions.

"Curiosity." I shrug going back to the conversation about his body work.

"I have seven, because one tattoo is split into two." He says placing his hand onto his forearm. I look him over, wondering where all  seven are placed before smiling and looking at his shopping basket.

"You're a healthy eater."

"Is that from your observations or the fact you've badgered me about everything I've picked up?"

"Both."

"Look, I apologise for the second-date plan with Ed... But do you think this is normal?" He asks gesturing between us.

My head tilts "I don't follow..."

"You. Following a complete stranger around the store to make a point. I could be anyone..."

"But you're not anyone, you're Mr Zak." I reply and watch as a smile quivers his lips.

"Well you don't know a thing about me and frankly, it's getting uncomfortable..." He says.

I look at the shelves "Because you're looking at condoms or because I'm here standing here talking to you whilst you look at condoms?"

He sighs and gives me an irritated look. I should take hint, leave him alone and go about the rest of my evening, but like I said before, I'm curious about this man. I feel like I need to know more.

Zak reaches out and picks up a box making me whistle "Sure about that?" I ask watching as he handles the box.

"I'm pretty sure."

"Fair play, question. Does the curtains match the rug or..."

He's about to speak, heck maybe even yell at me when a woman appears at his side. Whoever it is, it makes him tense up.