Epilogue

Epilogue

Lilith gently kissed Peter as he leaned down towards her from the saddle of his black mare. She was worried for the sick Rising in the stables, however she desired to wish the Pevensie's well as they went off to hunt the famous white stag. 

It had been years since the White Witch was defeated, and while Lilith and Peter fought of giants to the North shortly after their coronation, Lilith had come to the realisation that she would quite happily love Peter for the rest of their lives. 

      "Be safe," she whispered into his ear. "When you return we have a wedding to plan," she smiled, kissing him one last time before pulling away. 

       "We wont be gone long," he reassured her, his heart beating just as rapidly as when he first realised he loved the faerie in front of him. "I promise." She simply laughed before waving him and his siblings off to go on their hunt. She had wanted to join them in their search for the white stag, already knowing what she would wish for. However Rising, who was getting old, had fallen sick a the previous night and she did not wish to leave him for fear that if she did she would never see him again. 

       "I love you, Peter," she exclaimed, one last time as the group started off at a canter. Peter turned, grinning at her. 

       "I love you too, Lilith."

Brushing her skirts off, Lilith stood, moving to fetch another rug to drape over Rising's back. It pained her to know he was in pain and to know how much trouble he was having with breathing. She guessed that his sickness was due to sand in the gut, a sickness he had survived twice before, however in his old age she feared he would not make it through the night. Kneeling beside him once more, she threw the rug over his body, having long since given up on getting him to stand and walk. He had been trying, she knew he had, but he was just not able to. 

      "Come on old friend," she whispered into his ear, placing a tender hand on his cheek and sending peaceful images into his mind. "You can make it through this," she continued, although deep down she knew he couldn't. 

It was late into the night when Rising passed and Lilith stepped away, tears in her eyes as the stablehands took him away to an already dug grave. She seemed frozen in place until morning when an ageing Mr Tumnus came into Rising's stall to call her back to the palace. 

     "My Lady," He greeted formally. "We have just received news that Telmarine ships are approaching," he continued as Lilith wiped her eyes. 

       "How long until they arrive?" She asked, setting her jaw and pushing back her shoulders so as to appear more emotionally stable than she actually was.  

        "Based on what the mermaids say, a week." Mr Tumnus said, walking with Lilith as she breezed out of the stables. "Dorian has already left to call the Kings and Queens back." Lilith nodded at this, approving as they made their way up the stairs and into the main part of Cair Paravel. 

It was in the middle of the throne room that Lilith felt it. The sharp pain in her chest bringing her to her knees on the cold floor. She heard the muffled cries of Mr Tumnus, however she wasn't sure what he was saying as she pressed her hand to her chest, tears once more springing to her eyes. 

Peter was alive despite her initial thought at the pain, however she felt as if he had been ripped from this world. He was no longer in Narnia and as Lilith looked up at Mr Tumnus when the pain had faded, she once again had the appearance of the young girl she had looked like when the Pevensies first came to the Land of Narnia. 

      "We will not find the Pevensies in Narnia." She stated simply. "They have returned to their world."

The End

~*~

The Sequel is on my profile. It is entitled; 'I Believe'. 

I hope you all enjoyed this. Thank you for reading.

-Z