Forever (Older!Jack marston X Reader)

Okay...I really wanted to do Red first but here we are with Jack😂

Warnings:Fluff, I mean...possibly against?? (Idk) cursing, typical cowpoke stuff

Word count: 1.3k
wittywinchesters
———————————————————
"Jack! Look!" I said as I pointed out toward the lake. "Fish!"

Jack quickly ran over to my side and shuffled over to take a peek into the lake with me and stare.

"Aren't they pretty? Wow...."

Jack nodded in Agreement. "They sure are." He said gently sticking his finger in the cool water as the fish nibbled on his finger. "Tickle too!"

Following jack, I stuck my finger in the water as well and we both sat there together, Watching the fish swim around our fingers and nibble on them. It was a while before Uncle Arthur called us back to make sure we were okay and to get something to eat before the other adults ate all the soup. If anybody it would probably be uncle with all that thinking he does.

Running back, we both got something to eat and sat at the table and played with the dominos on the wooden table by the fire. Everybody around camp always found us together. Petting the horses, going down by the river, picking flowers, making flower crowns.

We were inseparable. Uncle Arthur always teased us saying that we were childhood sweethearts and that it's best to stay that way and not an outlaw on the run like him. At the time I didn't know what he meant, but as a grown adult it never made more sense than it does now.

The gently nibbling could still be felt on my fingers from time to time as I laid in bed thinking about the past and how simple it seemed to be. It was bitter sweet.

Setting up, I rubbed my eyes and swung my legs over the edge of the bed, and onto the cool hardwood floor. On the side table was a picture of the gang and jack and I in the front with was probably daises in our hands.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom and began my routine getting ready for the day. Today was the day that I find them no matter what the cost was. I had to. I couldn't just live the rest of my life in peace and forget what happened to them.

Stepping out of the bathroom I got dressed and put on my boots before packing a bag of food and other essentials that I needed for the trip. Going back to the side of the table I grabbed the frame from the picture and tucked it in my pocket.

Closing the door, I didn't dare look back at that old cabin house. It was home to me for so long, but now it's time to continue the life I once lived and even possibly stick with it.

I saddled up my horse, and began to leave the small ranch. Little did I know that this was going to be the last time I would ever see that cabin again.

"Come on (h/n), let's go find our lost family." I said as I patted his/her neck.

It was a good few hours on the trail and a small town was coming up ahead

It was a good few hours on the trail and a small town was coming up ahead. Heading in, all different kinds of people were bustling around the small town, some were sitting outside drinking and laughing, others having a smoke, and well....others sleeping in horse shit due to being so drunk or knocked out from a fight.

I hitched my horse in front of a general store and went inside to get some things like apples, sugar cubes, and other things before leading him/her to the stables so they can sleep and catch up till we're out on the road again.

Walking to the hotel, I gave the desk clerk money and made my way to the room before plopping down and going to sleep instantly.

By the next morning I awoke to to fighting in the next room that got louder and louder and it seemed to be that people were ignoring he situation. Without really thinking in my sleepy state, I grabbed my gun and holster before making my way to the room at the end of the hall. I knocked loudly and waited for an answer and the door finally clicked revealing a man...that looked like a spitting image of John Marston.

"Jack?"

"(Y/n)?"

Remembering the picture, I dug it out of my pocket and unfolded it, allowing him to get a look at it.

"Do..do you remember this? We must have been between 4 and 5 at the time." I said as I looked hopefully at him. "I remember Mary-Beth was wanting a picture of all of us and she begged and begged Arthur to get in."

"Look at you, still the same after all these years..." He said as he engulfed me in a bear hug.

I couldn't help it but give in and wrap my arms tightly around him. It's been 14 years since we last saw one another and it still felt right. He smelt of cigarettes and cheap booze, but comforting none the less. He let go and cupped my cheeks looking at me, as if making sure I had no cuts or bruises.

"Where're you staying at?" He said as he let go.

"Just down the hall." I said as I pointed towards the very last door.

"Did you wanna go to the saloon and catch up? Because I doubt standing here somewhat dressed and looking like a wild person isn't the best place to chat," as I motioned towards my hair.

He just chuckled and nodded in agreement to meet up at the saloon.

"So, what happened? I mean..like where did you go? I tried to find you once but ended up finding Charles. And he's doin good, shame how thy treat him though. He said that your dad was doing things that he didn't wanna do.

"Dad...dad was being used by Mr. Ross and Mr. Fordham to hunt down bill and Javier. Which..is pretty hard to believe since they were kind to us. 1911 Dad was killed and mom died. Now it's just me on the hunt for Edgar to get vengeance."

"Jack...I.."

"What's done is done."

"I wanna help you!" I said as I gripped his arm."I want to help.....and to stop them and finally settle this score once and for all."

"Why? You lived a peaceful life after the gang split up. You had a house, you found other family members. Why help me? Why come back to this life and have it possibly screwed up again!?" He said as his eyes narrowed.

"Because I care about you and I will not loose you again to some asshole who took our family away. They took everything away. I spent most of my life wondering if you were okay and if you were living a happy life. I'm not leaving you again."

Jack shifted in his seat rubbing his hands together as if unsure of what to say.

"Stay with me?"

"Of course I will." I said sitting closer to him leaning on his shoulder.

He wrapped his arm around me and we didn't talk about our troubles, the past, or anything that was still causing us pain. We just sat there together comfortably while laughing at the drunken fools stumbling around the bar.

Soon enough, we left the bar and headed up to the hotel in a room we both decided to rent and lay in bed together.

And it felt right, it felt we've been together for years. The steady beat of his heart could be heard as I laid curled up on his chest, tracing patterns with my eyes half opened.

"Forever?"

"Forever."