Chapter 16.

Linsey stormed into her room and shut the door. She didn't know what to do. She wanted to see Nick plus she promised him that they will meet in the park tonight. But she didn't want to get into trouble as Mark said. She wanted to see Nick more though. She changed her clothes and fixed her hair then she waited.

It was 8 and Linsey heard that Mark was watching TV in the living room, so she locked her room's door and left the key in the keyhole. She slowly and quietly opened her window and hoped that Mark won't notice it. She jumped out of her window then went to the front of the house. The lights were on and Linsey could see through the curtains a little. Mark was sitting on the couch, peacefully watching the TV. Linsey took a deep breath and with that, she started walking down the street. Soon she reached the park so she quickly looked for the big tree Nick was talking about. She walked around and kept looking for Nick, but he was nowhere.

She started thinking that maybe Mark was right. She was scared that this might be a trap that the enemy set for her to walk in. She was ready to attack, but she became scared when she heard footsteps from behind her. She quickly turned around, but nobody was there. She turned back and started walking again then luckily she saw a familiar figure under the tree near the bridge which was over the little pond. She happily ran over to the tree and hugged Nick when she reached him. Nick hugged her back and they hugged for a while.

"I missed you. The school was hell without you yesterday," said Linsey and she hugged the boy more.

"I hope they didn't hurt you," said Nick.

"I don't want you to go," said Linsey, and Nick released her.

"I don't want to leave you either, but I have no choice," answered Nick as he looked into Linsey's eyes. "Our flight will leave tomorrow at noon."

"Let's not talk about that instead," said Linsey and she pulled Nick over to the tree to sit down with her. "I just want to enjoy this moment with you."

They sat down and Linsey leaned on Nick's shoulder, holding his hand. They were sitting there for a while in silence and just watched the little pond in front of them. Nick pulled Linsey closer and hugged her. Linsey looked at him and Nick looked at Linsey too. He leaned closer to the girl's face and gently kissed her on her lips. Linsey kissed back without question and she did it slowly and passionately. She wanted to remember this moment, she wanted to keep it to herself. Their last time together and Linsey wanted to save this moment. They stopped and slowly parted so Linsey looked down at her hands. She was sad... broken.

"I promise you. I will come back," said Nick as he grabbed Linsey's hands. "I will."

"I know..." started Linsey and she looked up at Nick. "I'm more worried that I won't be able to handle this."

"Stay strong, please," said Nick as he caressed Linsey's hands. "For me."

"Alright..." said Linsey as she nodded, but then they heard footsteps from behind them.

"Linsey!" said a familiar voice so Linsey quickly stood up and turned towards the person. "What did I tell you?"

"I'm sorry dad. I had to see Nick before he leaves," said Linsey, but Mark seemed angry.

"Get into the car, now," said Mark and pointed at his car, but Linsey didn't move. "Now!"

"But..." started Linsey, but Mark stopped her then pointed at the car again.

Linsey turned to Nick and she was about to cry again, but she didn't want to in front of Nick. Nick went up to her and kissed her one more time, didn't even care that Mark was there. After the kiss, Nick hugged Linsey and said goodbye, but not forever. They parted and Linsey started walking towards the car. Mark watched her then turned back to Nick.

"She could've been in danger," said Mark to the boy. "You don't know anything about her life and how dangerous can it be. I don't want to keep you away from her, but it would be better for your life to stay away from her. Got it?"

Nick just slightly nodded and with that Mark turned around and went to the car. He sat on the driver's seat and started the car. Linsey was looking out of the window, but she knew without looking that Mark was angry.

"Why did you leave? When I told you clearly to stay at home," said Mark, looking at the road, but Linsey didn't answer. "Something could've happened."

"But it didn't," said Linsey without looking at Mark.

"It could've..."

"Why are you so worried about everything?" asked Linsey now looking slightly at Mark.

"Of course I'm worried, you are my daughter," answered Mark. "And it looks like that this Nick boy is a bad influence on you."

"He is not," said Linsey angrily as she looked at Mark. "I just said goodbye to him."

"You could've done that on phone," said Mark taking a quick glance at Linsey then he looked back at the road.

"It's not the same," said Linsey. "I just don't get you. What's your problem with him? I heard your conversation with daddy and I heard that you think he is just a normal boy."

"To you he is," said Mark. "And I don't want him to hurt your feelings."

"He would never do that," said Linsey.

"You don't know that."

"Yes, I do."

"No, you don't," said Mark a bit louder, but Linsey continued.

"I can't believe you are so afraid of the slightest thing that you are just don't want to know him more," said Linsey louder too.

"He totally got into your head," said Mark.

"And what's wrong with that?" asked Linsey back, now she was getting mad.

"He will break your heart, he won't come back to you, because he won't be able to." said Mark almost shouting "And you are a princess anyway."

"So what? Do you want me to marry Shinjin? At least he is a king." shouted Linsey and now Mark was angry too.

"No, but Nick isn't nay better than him," said Mark as he looked at Linsey and she just shouted back at him. "And to be honest I don't want you to meet with him again."

"I hate you," shouted Linsey and as she was looking at Mark she saw a car coming towards them from the left. "DAD!"

Linsey screamed and Mark looked at the speeding car, but it was too late. The car with full speed crashed into their car and the force flipped it, sending the car to land upside down. Mark hit his head hard and Linsey too, so the last thing she saw was the flashing light beside them.