Chapter 2.

The next day Linsey went to school. She stood in front of the building and took a deep breath. She hated this place from the deepest place of her heart. On the first day of school, she had already messed up everything and since then, everybody looked at her as a monster, a weird girl. That's why she didn't really have any friends. On top of that, there is always a macho boy in schools, who thinks he is the best. Well in this school it was Travis, the captain of the school's basketball team. It sounds cliché, but it's true for life as well and not just the movies.

Not to mention the school's drama queen, Travis' girlfriend, the one and only Katherine. She was the first one who spread words about Linsey and she painted a picture in everyone's mind which showed her as a demon. Because of that nobody even tried to be friends with her. She had hard times, which always ended up with her crying in her room and her parents trying to comfort her. She once hurt someone, which caused the person to end up in the hospital, so Jack and Mark had to go to the principal. She promised she will never do something like this again, but it's really hard especially when the whole school hates you.

~•~

Flashback

"Everything will be okay. The important thing is to..."

"to not use my power in front of them," said Linsey, interrupting Jack in his speech. "I know. There was nothing wrong before. I can handle it, but thanks."

"Alright. Have fun," said Jack and pressed a kiss on her forehead.

Linsey kissed him on his cheek and left the car, heading towards the building. She entered and started looking for her classroom. The whole school was full of students, so it wasn't an easy task. When she finally found it she sat down beside a girl, who looked normal, so she thought she will make this girl her new friend.

"Hi, my name is Linsey. What's your name?" she asked as she extended her hand to the girl to shake it.

"I'm Zoe. Nice to meet you, Linsey," she said and shook Lindsey's hand with a welcoming smile on her face.

The first class then started and the teacher came in. They had the introduction part, and everybody looked nice to Linsey. Everybody, except Katherine, who of course introduced herself as the greatest person in the world. But what else was new? In primary school, she had a classmate who was just like Katherine... a spoilt brat. So by now, she mastered avoiding the likes of her, which is why she was confident that nothing bad will happen this time either. Linsey then spent lunchtime with Zoe and they found out they had so much in common.

"So where are you from exactly?" asked Zoe.

"I'm from Ireland. It's a little bit difficult to explain..." she started but Zoe interrupted, putting down her fork and paying more attention to her.

"We have the whole lunchtime," she said with a kind smile.

"Well, my daddy is Irish and he found me on the street when I was younger," said Linsey her story that she made up for whenever someone asked about her family and origins. "Then we moved here and my daddy fell in love with a man, so they married and they are my parents."

"Wow, you have two fathers?" asked Zoe with wide eyes, but it was more from surprise than from disgust.

"Well..." she shrugged her shoulders, then they started laughing.

They had a great time until Katherine showed up in front of them. She started insulting her, which made Linsey feel like a loser. But of course, as hot-headed as she is, she tried to fight back and insult Katherine back, but it turned back on her. Then she tried to ignore her as she did back in primary school, but Katherine's words were like daggers that plunged into her heart.

"Is that really true?" asked Katherine. "Are you living with two guys? I mean gays?"

Katherine and her friend Adele laughed. Linsey's blood was boiling from anger. Nobody insulted her family before and with that sentence, Kathrine crossed a line. Linsey was always thankful for Jack and Mark for taking her in and she was the happiest when they both signed the adoption papers. She loved them and whoever dared to hurt them would have to face Linsey's anger. Even though she wanted to punch Katherine in the face right then and there, she instead composed herself and tried to calm down a bit to be able to say a clever comeback.

"I wouldn't talk if I were you. Be careful before that enormous amount of makeup will come off of your face from your tears."

"I think I know now why you were adopted. Because your real parents didn't want you. I would throw you away as well because of this attitude." Katherine countered and her words were poison.

Linsey lost her temper and stood up angrily, looking at Katherine. She was a great witch, but sometimes she could become angry and do things that were wrong and get her into trouble. With her power, she started levitating Katherine and then eventually threw her to the wall. The whole dining room gasped and watched as Lindsey's eyes were vibrating purple, but she soon calmed down and realized what had happened.

"Oh my God," said Zoe and stepped away from Linsey, covering her mouth.

"Zoe, wait. I can explain..." started Linsey, but Zoe just ran away with fear on her face.

The next day Zoe didn't come to school and it turned out that she actually left the city, just like some of the students in school. They were all afraid of her, and from that day she has been alone.

~•~

Linsey went inside and as soon as she entered everybody looked at her and they tried to get as far away from her as they can. She hung down her head and went to her classroom where her first class was. But of course, she couldn't avoid Travis and his friends.

"Look who's here guys," he said as he stopped in front of Linsey and didn't let her go. "Do you want to fight? Let's fight then."

"Just leave me alone, alright?" she muttered and tried to go, but Travis stepped in front of her again.

"What?" he asked back, so Linsey looked up at him straight in the eyes.

"Don't try to make me angry. Cause you will regret that you woke up today. Understand?" she said into his face with a stone expression, which somehow scared Travis, so he stepped away from her way.

She continued her way to her classroom when she saw a boy, who was looking for something. She's never seen him before here, so he was probably a new student. But she didn't care much. Why would he talk with her? She went past him and didn't even look back at him, just went inside the classroom and sat down at the end of the room where her seat was.