Chapter 14.

Linsey was sitting in her room, she was still sad about what happened. She was a monster. She hurt all those kids in school and the teachers were looking at her too like she was some kind of a monster. Not to mention her parents. She felt like now she was a shame for them. She didn't know what to do. She stood up from her bed and went up to her desk. She opened a little purple box on it with a little key. Inside were her so-called 'treasures', her favorite pictures with Mark and Jack, a picture with Chica, her mother's ring that she found a few years ago, and Nick's phone number on the piece of paper he gave to her. But under all of these, there was a blade. A little black blade with a silver handle and it was decorated with purple gemstones. She bought this blade from a goblin. She kept it in the box and now she had an idea. She grabbed the blade with two hands and aimed it at her stomach. Then she raised the blade high and wanted to stab herself, but she just couldn't do it. Her arms didn't move, no matter how hard she tried. She started crying again, and she collapsed on the floor, letting the blade fall out of her hand. She buried her face into her hands and cried, but she needed to feel another pain to get rid of this one. She looked at the blade beside her and grabbed it again. Now without hesitation though she made little cuts on her wrist. It hurt, but at least she forgot her other pain.

She heard a gentle knock on her door so she quickly stood up and put the blade back into the box. She didn't know what to do with the cuts because the healing would take a little time. Instead, she grabbed a pullover and quickly put it on.

"Can I come in?" asked Mark from the other side of the door.

"Yes," said Linsey as she sat down on her bed.

"Are you okay?" asked Mark as he entered and saw Linsey's sad face.

"Does this look like I'm okay?" she asked sarcastically as she pointed at her face.

"Sorry, I just... never mind," said Mark and sat beside her on the bed. "What happened in school?"

"What do you think?" asked Linsey as she looked away and Mark just took a deep breath.

"I know it was Travis, but you have to tell me what exactly happened," answered Mark trying to get Linsey's attention. "The principal wants to expel you from school, I need to know to tell her that it was just a mistake."

"A mistake?" asked Linsey a little bit angry. "Was it a mistake that I basically hurt hundreds in the cafeteria? Was it a mistake that I scared everyone and now everyone hates me even more? Don't you think instead that it was a mistake to bring me here in the first place?"

"Okay maybe it wasn't a simple mistake, but it wasn't entirely your fault either," said Mark. "I'm not blaming you, that boy is probably the most annoying one, and trust me when I say that I would've done the same thing. But it's never the solution to your problems."

"What should I do then?" asked Linsey.

"It's hard I know, but try to ignore him. He will stop eventually," said Mark, but Linsey just rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, like he would ever stop," she said and Mark sat closer to her to hug her.

"One more year and it's over," said Mark and he felt as Linsey took a deep breath. "Promise me that you will try next time. If he starts bothering you again then just leave him there. It's not easy, but it's the right thing to do. Okay?"

"Right," answered Linsey, and Mark kissed the top of her head.

"Good," he said and stood up to leave Linsey alone. "By the way, Jack will leave for the weekend, because your grandparents are moving too."

"Okay," said Linsey, and without another word, she laid down on her bed, so Mark let her be.

He closed her room's door and went back to his bedroom where Jack was packing his clothes and stuff into his luggage. When Jack spotted Mark he stopped and looked up at him.

"Is she okay?" asked Jack and Mark just nodded, then sat down on their bed.

"She just needs a little time alone," answered Mark.

"So what about school?" asked Jack as he continued to put his clothes into the bag.

"I will call Mrs. Freeman tomorrow about it. Don't worry," said Mark, and Jack once again stopped to turn to him.

"What if she was right and it would be better for Linsey to be homeschooled?" asked Jack.

"Nobody would accept the job. And it's only one more year, then it's over," answered Mark, but it didn't make Jack feel better. "Plus we are always here for her."

"Yeah, but what if she doesn't want to tell us her problems?" asked Jack, but Mark couldn't answer so Jack sat down beside him on the bed. "I don't know, Mark. I have a bad feeling about all of this. I'm afraid that she... I don't know... I feel like she is hiding something from us."

"About?" asked Mark.

"About her life. School, family... Nick," answered Jack.

"If it's about Nick then that boy is already dead. He better not hurt her or else..."

"It's not him," said Jack to calm Mark. "Nick isn't just her boyfriend. If he had been there with Linsey in school none of this would've happened."

They just sat there in silence. Mark was thinking and Jack became more scared. He knew if Nick left forever, Linsey would break down for sure. Mark didn't know what to think about Nick and his relationship with Linsey, but he just hoped that Jack was right. They both knew that the next year would be hell for Linsey.