He saw Taehyung immediately as he walked up to the pool. He was the only one in the water, swimming laps. His upper body danced on top of the water sometimes coming into view, sometimes disappearing under the surface.

      Jeongguk crouched down by the lane Taehyung was swimming in. He was heading for the far end of the pool, away from him and when he got there, he disappeared under the water. Jeongguk could just about see his shadow, below deep. After a long moment, he surfaced, in the middle of the pool for air and his eyes happened to fall upon Jeongguk. Panting, he shook his head, pulling his swimming goggles up on top of his forehead. He pulled his hair back, tilted his head to the side and stared at him for a moment before approaching him slowly. When he got to the end of the lane, he placed his hands on top of the bank, spilling a little water over the edge, making Jeongguk thankful for the fact that he wasn't wearing shoes.

      "Jeongguk," he said. "What are you doing here?"

      Taehyung had soft facial features and dirty blond hair which so often fell over his eyes, now slick back, revealing his forehead. His eyes were bright and now they were looking at him.

      "Mina told me I would find you here."

      "Is she looking for me?"

      Jeongguk shook his head. "No. I am."

      Taehyung looked up at him. He pursed his lips, a question seemingly forming on his tongue.

      "I can go," Jeongguk said. "If you want me to."

      But Taehyung shook his head. "No. I was finished anyway."

      He then pulled himself up out of the pool and Jeongguk backed away from the water. Taehyung pulled his goggles off and ruffled up his hair. He walked towards the showers. He was about to go through the opening when he turned around and looked at Jeongguk.

      "You coming?"

      Jeongguk blinked. "Oh–uh, yeah. I'll wait for you in the locker room."

       Taehyung nodded. He disappeared around the bend. A moment later Jeongguk could hear the shower going off.

***

Jeongguk was sitting on one of the benches in the locker room, browsing his phone, when Taehyung came out of the showers with a towel around his waist. Little droplets followed him as he walked past him towards his locker. Jeongguk placed his phone in his pocket, hugged his knees and followed him with his eyes.

      Taehyung had a swimmer's body, which meant his shoulders were wide, but his waist small. He was strong, but not muscular. Jeongguk happened to be looking at his back when Taehyung removed his towel, and Jeongguk quickly diverted his eyes in the other direction, suddenly very interested in the other lockers, while Taehyung got dressed.

      After a moment, Taehyung spoke. "I haven't seen you at all today."

      Jeongguk turned back. Taehyung was drying his hair with a towel. He let it drape around his bare shoulders.

      Yeah, no shit, Jeongguk thought. Were you even looking for me?

      He just shrugged. "I guess I've been hard to find today."

      But it couldn't have been easier. Jimin hadn't had any trouble.

      Taehyung pulled his shirt on and sat down next to him to put on his socks and shoes.

      "Were you surprised?" he asked.

      Jeongguk didn't answer right away. He was thinking.