Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Many cats gasped when they heard that name. Angel froze, she'd heard many stories about the powerful tom, he was known for getting into fights over nothing and enjoyed killing everything, there were even some that said that he killed kits for the fun of it. She looked down at the cats as they parted to allow a large muscular grey tom with dark red eyes come to the front, his body covered in scars from all his battles.

Kill step forward, ready to protect his sister from this dangerous tom. Scourge simply watched his son with interest, waiting to see what he'd do.

Claw barely gave him a glance as he easily leaped over the much smaller tom and much to the other cats surprise proceeded to jump up onto the garbage bin, Scourge's bin, and stood in front of their tiny leader. Angel then noticed how different in size the two toms were, she knew her father was rather small, having been a runt in his litter like she was in her's, but he was easily three if not four times her father's size.

Scourge turned to the white she-cat and meowed "Angel this is your mentor, Claw."

Claw turned his dark red eyes toward her, then he bowed his head and meowed, "I am honored to be your mentor."

There was an enraged yowl and Kill leaped up onto the bin and snarled at the larger male "I won't allow this! Your not worthy to be her mentor! I'll kill you if you lay a single paw on her!"

Claw let his gaze slide over the black tom and then without warning leaped straight at him, his claws unsheathed. He landed on top of him and dug his claws deep into his fur. Kill yowled in pain and tried to shake his aggressor off, but he just dug even deeper into his skin. Kill soon laid pined under Claw, he then lowered his muzzle to Kill's face and growled, "I'm not worthy to train your sister? I'm probably the most powerful out of all you pathetic kittypets! Oh and before you start making threats you should learn how to defend yourself KIT." He got off of him, yanking his claws out causing Kill to cry out. He let him scarlet eyes slide over to Angel and stalked towards her till he stood looking down at her.

Scourge pick up a purple collar like his and put it around her neck. He purred as he looked at her. "I thought you should have this one." His gaze held pride and the rare sight of love in his cold blue eyes.

The muscular grey tom then picked her up by the scuff, jumped down from the bin, and disappeared through a hole in the fence. Angel saw her brother glare hatefully at Claw and Devil was trying to avoid meowing with laughter as the alley was completely quiet from the shock.

She was carried to a clearing and Claw set her down in the center. She gazed up at him, her blue eyes wide with terror. His gaze met hers for a bit before amusement lit his red eyes.

"No need to fear kit, I won't harm you as long as you try to learn. Though in battle training I can't really say you won't get a scratch or two, I'm not the kindest cat in this clan and that I guarantee for sure." He meowed to her, he then stood, and padded to the other side of the clearing before turning back toward her. "Now the training begins."

He charged at her before she realized what was happening and had thrown her into a near by tree. She hit hard, and knew he had held nothing back. She screeched in pain and fell limply to the ground.

Claw just looked at her and began to stepped toward her, though not to help her get back up, he meowed briskly "Get up."

She stumbled to her paws, but not quick enough for he had already reached her and flung her back to the ground. She felted a sticky liquid run down her head and realized it was her blood. She saw Claw come toward her again, this time though she was not going to be thrown into the dirt. She knew if she did not fight back he was going to continue to beat her until she did. She flattened her ears and put her legs underneath her. When he reached her and lashed out a paw, she jumped. She landed clumsily on her paws and then ran to the other side to gain some distance. Claw turned and noticed that she had moved away.

"Nice, trying to keep distance from an enemy stronger than you, but you must be able to out smart someone faster too." He stated as he ran at her with full speed.

She squeaked as he came at her and barely manage to jump out of the way before he came barreling past her. She spun around to face him as he went skidding to a stop a few rabbit leaps away. He turned to face her again quickly running at her again, his eyes narrowed on her.

She quickly began to think, He's coming at me and running at full speed. He seems to struggle at slowing down when going at such a speed, probably cause he's so big, so.... she quickly looked around and gazed at the tree right behind her. If I wait till the last second to jump out of the way and into that tree. He won't be able to stop quickly enough and will go running into it.

She focused back on Claw and when he was almost in front of her she jumped into the tree and climbed to the lowest branch. Claw looked up with a look of surprise on his face, before he slammed muzzle first into the tree just as she thought he would.

She looked down at him as he laid on the ground for a few seconds, then he stood and looked up at her again before leaping up into the tree beside her. She tense ready for him to attack again, but instead he began to clean himself.

"Good job, I had no clue you were going to jump...and at the last second too." He looked at her, the look of surprise back on his face, "Most just start running the moment I charge."

He stood and jumped down, then looked back up at her, "That's enough for now lets go back." He meowed before he started to pad away. She jumped down and quickly followed behind him.