Live Long You Prosper

Start from the beginning

"Just you wait Micky. When I shift I'm gonna be bigger than you an- and stronger too!!"

I smiled down at her, "Nuh Uh!! My Alpha always told me that I am stronger than everyone in the world!"

"Liar!! My Alpha told me that!" she said awkwardly swinging her leg onto the branch of the tree and bringing herself up.

I smiled a big cheesy smile at her and looked down fiddling with my fingers.

"Naiyla I have a present for you." I said. Already feeling the tears wanting to stream down my cheeks. My daddy told me that I had to tell Naiyla that I can't see her anymore cause we're leaving far away and we can't come back.

I handed her the necklace that was tucked away in my pocket. it was made of silver that was coated in a lacquer that would stop it from burning her. In the middle of it there was an infinity type thing made of silver.

I put it in her hand and she flung herself across the small space at me and started giggling. The smile that swelled on her face made everything seem like it was going to be alright. Her smile made my heart feel all fuzzy.

"I love it Micky!!!! But why?" She said still smiling.

"Cause I'm leaving Naiyla." I whispered.

I didn't want to look up at her. I didn't want to see her face. I didn't want to see her cry ever.

"You what?" She said in a sad voice. Heartbreaking. the tear prominent in the way she talked.

"I'm leaving. Far away to live at home and I can't come back." I said.

"No you can't leave. You can't! You can't just leave me here.. Alone.." she whispered at the end.

"I have to Nai. Since I shifted your dad doesn't like me being around here anymore. He thinks I'll hurt you."

"You'll never hurt me Micky." she said tears streaming down her face.

Yes I will. I kept chanting in my mind. I knew I would hurt her sooner or later. Since she hasn't shifted yet I'm too strong for her. I could lose control.

Son are you ready? My father said in my head.

She's not taking it well Alpha.

Think of it this way Little Micah. If you stay here Luca will lose control. No matter if you think so or not. You can't control him. We have already waited to long to start training you.

Okay Alpha.

To say I was mad was an understatement. I hate that I have to leave her. I hate that my dad is making me do this.

Sadly I couldn't control what came out of my mouth next

"Naiyla we can't talk anymore. I don't want to see you anymore. I never want to see you again." I didn't know what I was saying.

Everything that came out of my mouth I wanted to yell at my father but I just took it out on her.

She looked frightened and I swore I could see her heart break through her eyes. I realized what I had done and tried to apologize but before I could she jumped don the tree and ran away.

"Naiyla!!!" I yelled after her. But she kept running.

I jumped down from the tree ready to chase after her only to feel a hand clamp down on my shoulder.