Time

Momentous events are afoot.  What sort of momentous events, exactly?  Dunno, but they sure are momentous.  How do I know that?

Hans Zimmer, baby.

He gave Gladiator its groove.  He jammed with Captain Jack Sparrow.  And he got down and dirty with the Dark Knight.  But with Time, from the movie Inception, Zimmer takes a mere handful of notes and shakes the very foundations of the Earth.

Just close your eyes, let it wash over you and you'll see what I mean.  Armies of millions sweep into battle.  Rogue planets collide in colossal majesty.  Eons pass and empires rise and sullen red suns lie low on the horizon.

Basically, serious shit is going down.

What does it all mean?  Does it matter?  Time is simply majestic for majestic's sake, an awe-inspiring four minutes of restrained sound and fury, quite possibly signifying nothing, but no less powerful for that.

As such, it's perhaps the perfect theme for Inception, a movie in which it's very clear momentous events are afoot, even though all-too-often it's not at all clear what the hell is actually going on.  The solution, when it comes to both Inception and Time is simple—shut up, buckle in, don't think too much and just enjoy the ride.

Quick tip—try putting on Time when you're doing something really boring and insignificant, eg cleaning the bathroom.  Suddenly, you won't just be doing housework—you'll be this dimension's last line of defence against encroaching swarms of soap-scum nanobots, intent on intergalactic domination.