~ 13

One week later

Patrick Buxton
12:45 pm
Charlie's House
________

Sydney and I finished packing Charlie's car with all of our things. We were finally moving out and I couldn't be more excited. After the meeting with Ms. Rough, she was ready for us to move in and get started on our music. It was nice to have a place to go and especially to work as well.

"Here Charlie," I handed her some money.

"What's this for?"

"For letting us stay here."

"How much is this Patrick? I can't take this."

"For all the food me and Boo ate up. Plus the glassware she broke and the headaches we gave you. It's worth it."

We laughed. Sydney was so clumsy.

"It was nothing to have you two here. You know that." She smiled.

"But I wanted to pay you back. I told you, I didn't want to be a burden."

She exhaled. She wanted to give it back to me so bad. I gave her $1500. She helped me with getting a lawyer situated so that I'd be ready to face Ariel when needed as well as a living arrangement, taxi and all that. I had to repay her.

"Thank you, Patrick. I may even miss you guys."

"Oh you will." I laughed.

I hugged her before getting into her car.

"Buckle up Sydney."

"Okay!"

Charlie begin to drive us to Sage's house.

(Yolanda)Dustin Brooks1:21 pmFigure 8 Apt _______

(Yolanda)
Dustin Brooks
1:21 pm
Figure 8 Apt
_______

I packed up all of Aven and I's things after coming from quitting my jobs at the auto shop and Roscoe's. Man, didn't it feel good to quit! I used some of the money I received to pay off my lease and get Aven and I some new things. My active three year old was very picky about what she wanted to wear. Reminded me so much of her mother.

Yolanda has been here with us for a while helping us out. It was still kinda weird between us and I haven't had the chance to address what went down between us like I wanted to because Aven was always in the mix.

"Yolanda,"

"Yeah?" She said while folding more clothes.

"I Uh, I don't want you to think that I didn't remember because it wasn't good. I didn't remember because I had way too much to drink."

She giggled and her face flushed red. "I know," she told me. "You screamed my name enough times for me to know it was good."

"Damn girl, what'd you do to me?"