~ 3

(Beau)Sage Rough7:30 am

(Beau)
Sage Rough
7:30 am.
Residence Palace
______________

As Beau fixed my coffee, I stood and told him about my plans for today. Beau has been with me for ten years while I constructed this music business. He was intrigued with how I managed it all and still stayed so fiesty.

"....do you think I'm wasting my time here?"

"It's possible Ms. Rough. All the lousy talent that has come through here is just pure waste. You know I want to see you succeed. This is just bloody torture here."

"Where do you suggest I move to if this doesn't work?"

He slid the coffee mug to me and I sipped from it. "Well since we're forbidden to go back to LA we must seek north. I say New York."

"I'll kept that in mind, Beau. But right now, I'm off. I'll be back by the end of the day. As a matter of fact, I'm not coming back unless I find someone."

"As you say, Ms. Rough."

I walked outside and jumped into my silver Mercedes G-Wagon--It was a beaut, I know-- and headed out to the town of Atlanta. I would stop at every place I could to be sure to find what I needed. Something that would fit the category for me.

It was early, but someone who wanted to be in the music business, should be up early and even all through the night. There was no need for a lot of sleep.

I seen my first stop up ahead, Willington's Elementary School where I seen parents--single parents-- dropping off their kids. As I rolled by I seen this one guy in particular. He was dropping off his daughter and watched as she walked into the gates of the school. He waved to her and then proceeded back on his walk. I followed behind him as he walked and the very beat of his skip let me know that he was indeed musically inclined.

Once he figured out I was following him, he got nervous because he walked in a different way now. I chuckled a bit and rolled my window down. "Need a ride?" I asked while looking over my sunglasses.

He turned his head towards me and tried to make out who I was. "Do I know you?"

"No but you could if you stepped into this vehicle."

He shook his head. "I'll pass."

Of course. Who would take a ride from a stranger?

"Your loss." I shrugged and continued on with my journey but I would remember that face.

⬛️▪️▪️⬛️

I traveled on, made a few stops, and still found no luck. I noticed it was 11:13 am when I looked at the clock in my truck. I shook my head. I knew this would be a tough journey and I was ready for the consequences. After enduring the foolishness I did at a nearby projects, I was really irritated. My gas light came on and I made my way to the closest gas station I could. One Stop is what it was called.