~ 12

Dustin Brown
7:56 am
Yolanda's House
_____

I carried my sleeping daughter out to Yolanda's car. We ended up staying the night over there after I fell asleep. I was telling Yolanda how thankful I was of her during this time of need and attempted to pay her back. She wouldn't let me so I took her out to dinner instead.

I fell asleep after she invited me inside and we had a couple glasses of wine. I can't remember much after that.

Yolanda was quiet on the ride back to my place. She kept her eyes on the road and wasn't as touchy as usual.

"Hey,"

"Hm?"

"Thanks for letting us crash,"

"It's no problem Dustin. Did you still want me to take Aven with me?"

"I have a meeting to go at ten. I'll come get her afterwards."

"How?"

"Patrick said he'd take me. I talked to him when I ran into him at the grocery store Sunday."

"Seems like you two are getting along good."

"Just two single black fathers attempting to provide for our daughters."

"It's nice."

Soon we arrived at my spot and I ran inside to get Aven some clothes to change into while she was with Yolanda. I ran back down with them.

"Here. I promise I'll come back as soon as I can. And I promise not to use you so much from now on. I know you have a life."

"Dustin, it's fine."

"Can I ask you something?"

She nodded.

"Did I do something to you last night? You seem a bit standoffish?"

"Yeah Dustin.. we- wait, you don't remember?"

"I was definitely faded."

She laughed. "This whole time I was thinking you didn't enjoy it."

"What?" I was confused. "Did we?"

She nodded again. "I'll see you later."

Carnell Black
8:15 am
Shenice's House
_________

I was up getting ready for my meeting this morning. Surprisingly, I haven't spent the money nor told Shenice about it yet.

"Thanks for that," she said as she ran her hands across my chest.

I smirked, knowing that I gave it to her good. "Anytime."

"So where are you gonna go tonight?" She asked as she looked worried. Her boyfriend is coming home tonight.

I had no clue. "Uh, I'm sure I'd figure something out."

"I'm sorry." She told me.

"It's fine— you hear that?"

It sounds like someone was coming inside.

"Shit!" She yelled. "Grab whatever you can and try not to be seen!" She told me while running to greet her man at the front door.

"Baby!" She jumped on him when he made it inside.

I watched as they embraced each other. I made my way into the living room and hid behind the couch with as much of my things as I could.

"Hey sweet thang. Did you miss me?"

"I definitely did, babe. I just wasn't expecting you until this evening." She told him.