~ 2

(Selena)Dustin Brown6:30 am

(Selena)
Dustin Brown
6:30 am.
Wheeler's Auto Shop
_______________

"Aye man, what I tell ya 'bout being late? You can't do that man." Mr. Johnson explained to me.

"I know,"

"And I told you about bringing the kid. What if she gets hurt? Do you think about her safety out here?"

"I do. I swear to you, I do."

"Then why do you keep bringing her?"

"I have no where else for her to go sir."

"Come with me little lady, what's your name?" He held out his hand and Aven took it.

"Aven." She told him.

"I'm gonna bring you in the office with Mrs. Johnson, alright?"

She nodded as Johnson took her on in the office. He gave me a stale look before leaving out of my sight. I shook my head and threw my towel over my shoulder and went back to changing tires.

The Auto Shop was my daytime job. It wasn't that busy but I was here doing just about every job I could do to keep me awake and occupied.

Selena worked at a nursing home as a janitor and when she went to work, she had the car. It was her car of course but we shared it. She'd be home before I would get ready to go to Roscoe's because I had to drive there. The Auto Shop wasn't far at all from my apartment and I still manage to be late.

"Yo Dustin, you got another car after this one and they're in a hurry." Mr. Johnson's son, Randy said.

"And what are you doing? Bring the car up here and take the tires off."

His lazy ass. He smacked his lips and went to get the car and jack it up. "Things would go by so much smoother if you get on track." I whispered. Johnson hated when I smarted off at his son but his son was lazy and didn't understand the struggle like I did. Randy had everything handed to him so of course he was lazy. I've had it all and then had it all taken from me; I know he doesn't know what that feels like. And don't let Margaret get into it, Mr. Johnson's wife, she would damn near fire me if she heard me talk to her son like that.

"Alright, what now?" Randy asked me.

"You jack the car up man so you can take the tires off. Not me, lazy bastard." I whispered the last part.

This was going to be a hell of a day.