Chapter 1: Alexis

Începe de la început

"Well well, what do we have here? Mrs.Nerd trying to hide from me. Oh, I meant Miss Nerd, because we all know you can't even get a boyfriend." A painfully familiar voice that was high pitched and nasally sounded from behind me. That doesn't even make since.

"Well, you seem to get enough boyfriends for the both of us." I mumble under my breath. Her face immediately turned a deep red, either from anger or embarrassment.

"What was that, bitch?" She hissed out at me, daring me to talk back to her.

"Nothing," I say softly looking at the ground. Clutching my books tightly to my chest. As much as it pains me to admit, Alexis terrifies me.

"That's what I thought," Alexis said in an irritated voice. "Now get out of my way. I need to get to my locker and your fat ass is in the way. If you don't hurry up and get out of my way, I promise you will be on the floor crying before I even blink." Great comeback Alexis. I nod quickly, standing up and started walking to the library, not noticing the pink high heel in my way. Suddenly, the floor starting coming at my face, fast. I close my eyes bracing myself for the impact, but it never came. Warm arms wrapped around me and caught me right before I hit the ground.

"Sorry," my voice is small and my face becomes a dark shade of red.

"It's no problem." A shiver runs down my spine as soon as I hear that voice. Oh, great. It was the one and only Blake, my crush of the past 6 years. Blake is definitely the nicest, sexiest person I've ever met.

"Blake, why would you do that for her?" Alexis' nastily voice called while looking at him angrily.

"Why did you trip her?" His voice was carefree as if he had nothing better to do than stand up for me. My eyes widen with shock and excitement bubbled up inside of my stomach.

"Come on Blake you can't be mad at me. Just last night, we were having so much fun." Alexis calls in a seductive tone. "If you forgot, I can show you again..." She drags out and slowly walked toward the janitor closet, swaying her hips as she walks.

"Don't mind if I do," Blake says with a smirk. His hand dropped from my waist as he hurried after Alexis.

A pang of jealousy stabs at my heart. She is such a bitch. She would take advantage of anything with a penis in the school, who knows maybe even a vagina. Especially Blake, but seriously, who wouldn't want that? Okay, I really need to stop picturing things with Blake and keep my mind out of the gutter. I sighed loudly as I start walking to the library, passing the janitor closet just in time to hear a loud moan and a crash. Talk about nasty.

I quickened my pace to make it into the library as soon as possible. Greeting the librarian, Mrs. Millard, I went straight to my normal reading place; a blue fuzzy bean bag in the back corner. I plopped my body down onto the soft material and snuggled into the cozy bean bag. Then, I picked up book and carefully slid the book cover off. As soon as I opened the portal to new universe, I was interrupted by a cold and angry voice.

"Where the hell have you been?" The harsh voice shouts at me,

"Oh, hi Kasey." I say softly looking down at my now closed book.

"You didn't answer my question." Kasey says angrily. She is one of the people everyone avoids, except me. I don't blame them for being scared to approach her and befriend her at first. I mean if you don't call her everyday and she freaks out at you.

"Ali! Earth to Ali!" Kasey screams in my ear.

"Shh! We are in a library." I whisper-yell at her. "And I'm sorry I didn't call you last night, I was really tired."

"Apology accepted, as long as you call me tonight." She says calming down quickly. Kasey and I are polar opposites, but we are both outsiders so we instantly connected. Kasey goes to parties every week and has, well let's say, too much fun. While she's doing that, I'm at home doing homework or reading off Tumblr or a book. I am a complete and total nerd. No shame.

"Hey, can I copy off of your chem. homework?" She asks innocently.

I gasp at her in mock horror, "You didn't do it, again?" All she does back is shake her head slowly. Of course she didn't, I sighed loudly as I was handing my chemistry paper to her. Kasey beamed at me and started copying immediately. I glanced at my watch to see it was only 7:49, so I could read for about ten minutes. I took the book out of the colorful TARDIS explosion shoulder book bag. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I've read it about ten thousand million times. I love anything by John Green or Cassandra Clare. Time to escape reality.

My eyes burn with unshed tears as the bell rings for first period. I shake my head as I attempted to shake away the sadness. I stood up with Kasey at my side.

"Come on Al, no one will do anything to you when you're with me." Kasey promises grabbing my stuff. We walk out into the hallway to find it was crowded with people all going in separate directions. It was a total chaos.

Well, Time to face the reality that I desperately try to escape.

*Author's Note*

Heyy! Wow, so this is my first book on wattpad (WooHoo!) and I am aware that the first chapter is usually the worst chapter of the book. All I ask is that you please bear with it, I know it will start to get better. Also, I love it when you guys vote, you don't know how happy it is to see that little star. I love you all!

~~Alex