Ch. 1: The Beginning Of A New Life

Izuku's POV

"Can I become a hero without a quirk?" I ask the hero in front of me nervously. There was a thick blanket of silence between us too.

"I'm sorry, but you can't. It is simply too dangerous to be quirkless and on the battlefield. I'm sorry." The hero All Might finishes right before leaving me alone. At those words, my heart felt crushed. My dreams from childhood, they were never going to happen, and crushed by the one person I looked up to the most.

'I guess Kachaan was right. . . I can't be a hero without a quirk. Even the number one hero thinks so. I guess I really am a Deku.' I think while walking home. 'At least I have my mom, she's the best and would support me no matter what.' A small smile making its way onto my face at the thought of my mom. She really was the best.

But little did Izuku know that the moment he arrived home would change his life, for the better or for the worse? Who can say, but it would definitely change his life forever.

3rd person's pov

Izuku Midoriya was seen walking home. He had just entered the neighborhood and walked to his house. He walked through the driveway and arrived at the door. He got his key out and unlocked the door.

"Hey mom, I'm home. . ." Izuku said to his mom.

He continued walking through his house wondering why his mom had not responded. He knew for a fact that she was home, the car was in the driveway and she didn't have work today. So now, he was getting worried.

"M-mom? Where are you?" Izuku said through the house worried. The tension was killing him, his mom would never do this. He had just finished looking upstairs cause that was where his mom usually was but she wasn't there. He traveled downstairs and looked everywhere until finally arriving in the kitchen. But, he wished that he never entered for the sight that he saw was heartbreaking. His mother, dead in her own pool of blood with a knife pierced through her heart. Izuku Midoriya gasped at the sight and gagged at the wretched smell.

He ran to his mom's body and shook her tears threatening to escape his eyes. "Mom? Mom please, you can't leave me. You're the only one I have. Please, Mom!!!"

Izuku Midoriya cried and cried until he could cry no more. His mom was the only one who cared and believed in him, no one else did. Not his friends, not even the number one hero did. He was broken, and that's the moment it happened, he got his quirk. Suddenly, the lights shattered, and he was surrounded by darkness. Shadows started to form around him and circled him. His eyes now pools of black, no longer the beautiful emerald color shining with excitement and happiness, just a black pool of nothing. And then, it disappeared just as fast as it appeared.

"W-what was that?" Izuku mumbled to himself. He looked down and realized that that was his quirk. As happy as he was, he could not bring himself to smile, because the one and the only person who really cared for him and believed in him was dead. He must have been lost in thought because he had not realized the police car noises and ambulances.

He had heard the pounding of the door but decided to ignore it. His stomach twisted and turned at the sight before him. He was too late, he couldn't save her from this. Maybe if he never existed, this would have never happened.

'Wow, this was a horrible day...' he thought to himself.

Izuku's POV

"Were coming in" I had heard before the door was knocked down and multiple men came into the kitchen and surrounded us.

I was still looking down at my mother's body and didn't bother to look up when two more people came in. Hero's to be exact, Eraserhead, and Present Mic.