Will he say he's breaking up?

John wants to laugh at that, they weren't even dating anymore anyways.

Will he take care of John?

It's a possible action he might take.

Will he apologize for hurting him--

No. It's not his fault anyways, it's all because of him, a little demon, or Satan himself.

John's rushed to a nearby hospital, where he's gently placed onto his back as a doctor use her ability on him. Oh, she's more powerful than Elaine. He could hear and feel his bone crack back into place as she fixes his spine.

"Want to explain what happened?" The doctor asks, a little stern.

"No." John replies, "Not in the mood." He deadpanned.

"Well, police are waiting for you anyways." She chuckles a little, as she deactivated her ability. John rolls onto his back with a little help, wincing in pain.

He is rolled out back into his room with some other patients. The police does come to ask him some questions, but he's not-- in the mood for some chit chat. He simply ignores the police.

"John..." He could hear a voice, oh, it's his mother. "Are you okay?" She asks, walking over to him. She's more worried than afraid for him.

John laughs, ignoring the pain, "Yeah, Mom, I don't die easily you know." He smiles at her, and she heaves a sigh of relief.

"Goodness, you got me worried." She pulled a stool beside John's bed, "But, I've heard from Emma that you jumped from the roof, is that correct?"

John's voice hitched, "Uh-- yes... It was for the thrill of it mom," He let his eyes light up, "It seemed so cool in action movies!" He grinned, waving his hands around. Flinching at the pain in his back as he settle back down.

"I don't mind, you doing all these dangerous things, but you really need to be careful." She bites her lips, her hands grasping John's.

John chuckles, "Of course mom. When do you know me not being careful?"

His mother pouts, "Okay, you got me there." She raises her hands up in defeat. "Anyways, the commander wants you back at work, since you'll be missing work for-- a few days."

"It's actually a week."

"Then you'll have to work harder, okay?"

John nodded at that. "Don't you have work around now?"

"Oh! Yes, I forgot. I need to go, so take care." She waves and John gaves her a smile as she leaves. John's smile instantly turns into a frown, he fiddles with his fingers when she leave, when could he tell her the truth?

He stares at his fingers, can he even tell the truth?

Can he... actually talk normally to his mother anymore? Or will he have to put on a mask every single time? Just like before?

He pulls the thin cover up to his chin. No wait, stop crying, John. Don't cry John. He wipes his tears with the thin blanket, he bites his lips. No, he can't. He can't open up. He doesn't want his mother to look at him like how Arlo did, because if he did, then, then-- Death might seem like the heaven.

***

Arlo doesn't want to visit John, he lays up, curled in the bed with the blanket reaching over his head. He doesn't want to talk to anyone else, not even his roommate. He mostly eats his dinner inside his room, and doesn't even walk out to get some fresh air.