Chapter 15

John sniffled, the explosion caused him to flinch. He dreaded this, his mother is dead now, along with his three friends. Tears, he can't stop them. It keep coming out faster and faster, he's alone, on the street, in the rain.

Well, his mission was finished, the three trios are dead now. But did it really have to take his mother away from him? He doesn't know how much pain he can handle before he finally breaks.

He stares at the fire, please, please, he wishes for his mother to appear with a grin on her face, "Mom!" He shouts, at the fire, but no one responds back. He knows that his mother is dead, she's dead. "Mom! NO!"He shouts, tears blurring his vision and his voice is cracking and he's hiccuping.

Siren again filled his hears for the third time tonight, it caused him to flinch before turning around to see police cars. What are they doing here...?

He doesn't know why, but he cried harder when the police tried to help him. He just couldn't stop crying, a female police officer tried to reassure him but that didn't help. He just kept on crying his eyes out.

They let him sit in their police car as they called for ambulances and fire trucks. They suspected others are stuck in there and they wanted to save them, but John didn't understand why, not that he even gace much thought into it since he was too busy crying over his dead mother and friends.

John curled up into a ball and had a thin blanket over him, the female police officer tried her best to comfort John, but she couldn't. "Please, don't cry anymore. It's okay, we'll bring you back to your family." She said.

What did she mean? Does she suspect that John was kidnapped? Was that what she meant?

John tried to bury himself under the blanket, but they didn't work because he was freezing. It didn't help the fact that he was so tired and he wanted to fall asleep. He didn't reply back to the officer, "Are you hurt anywhere? Do you need to go to the hospital?" She asked, a little nervous since she wasn't used to comforting someone.

John wiped his tears with the blanket and tries to focus on the police officer. At least she's not arresting him for some reason, he doesn't know. "No. But my mom--" He chokes, "She's in there." He says, pointing at at the fire. He's shaking and tired.

Police bite her lips, "Oh, I'm sure she's okay, do you have someone you know, that might be able to pick you up...?" She asks changing the topic, although she's doubting that he knows someone who can help, but she asked anyways.

Oh yeah, Arlo. John nodded, "Arlo..." He muttered.

The female police officer smiled, "Do you know their phone number?" John nodded and told her his phone number. She called Arlo, who was in the middle of brushing his teeth or the weekend, when his phone rang. He walked over, an unknown caller?

He answered, "Hello?" He asked, with the toothbrush still in his mouth. "Who is this?" He asked, walking back into the bathroom to finish brushing his teeth.

The officer cleared her throat, "Hello, sir," She starts, getting a little formal, "I am officer Eleanor, so," She pulls the phone away, "How do I explain all this...?" She mumbles to herself.

John reaches over, his eyes starting to water again, he pulls Eleanor's phone away, "Arlo...?" He asks, letting the blanket fall from his hand as he grips the phone.

"What the-- John?" Arlo asks, it's noisy there, Arlo noticed. "Is something wrong?" Arlo asks.

At that John starts to cry again. "My-- my mom's dead-- and EMBER's base blew up." He chokes. He glances out the window again, and the fire's pretty much put out due to the rain and other firefighters at the scene. "Arlo, help me, please..." He whispers.