Chapter 8

John... he is so self conscious about himself when he's near Arlo now. This Thursday, they've scheduled a study session and that day was close. John's dying, his heart's pounding so hard when he's near him.

It's not something he can control, it's just this feeling that he has when Arlo talks to him or walks near him. He's been buying a lot of things, like, a lot of sweets that he doesn't eat and just brings it to Arlo. It's a gift.

On thursday, this time, he buys a cake for Arlo and his roommate. Arlo's roommate is a little confused why John, a cripple, who doesn't deserve Arlo's attention, is pathetic, would be so nice to Arlo. He doesn't know what goes on in Arlo's room, other than the occasional laughter and a lot of murmuring.

Well, John isn't quite sure either, he's not sure what to do. 

Arlo's cofused on his work, but John, he's not. He tries to, but he can't. He can't help but think about every interaction he's had with Arlo, every single little mistake that he's made. He's over thinking some parts of it, when it's not even that big of a deal.

John isn't the smooth talker, he's the type to get overly flustered and die. He let out a deep sigh, he looks sadly at Arlo, who's a little too concentrated on his work. Arlo probably has some pretty foreign woman at a different school or something.

He takes a good look at Arlo, he's probably the type to have a secret relationship with some cute girl like Elaine or something. Seraphina's not a far off choice, but he was.

John, a male, a cripple, is no match for Arlo, also a male, and a king.

There's no pointing in crushing on him, when he far from him. He's too far to reach Arlo.

This feeling is the worst.

He hates it. This sickening feeling is worse than the fumes that they had to endure. He never asked for these feelings, he never wanted these feeings.

God, this is the worse. This sense of dread, it's slowly killing him.

"Hey, John." Arlo asked, looking up from his note book, "Is something wrong?" He asked, with a small smile on his face. John forced a smile onto his face, and chuckled.

"What? Of course I'm okay." He grinned, "Just focus on your work. You can't afford to fail this class right?" He let out a forced laugh, a little bitter honestly, and Arlo could tell the change in mood since last time.

"Are you sure?" He asked. That didn't sound very convincing actually, and Arlo didn't believe John's lie with a laugh like that. He laid back into his seat, placing down his pencil.

"Are you doubting me?" John pouted, " I don't lie like that. I'm a better liar than you'd think."

"Sure. I'd totally believe that." Arlo rolled his eyes, he crossed his arms.

"Urgh-- just get back to work and finish up before I leave." John snapped, tapping on Arlo's work to get him focused. "Or I won't waste my free time helping you for free."

"Okay, okay." He picked up his pencil again, but wasn't sure if he should have listened to John. He wasn't sure if he should refuse or not, he doesn't want John to actually leave yet since he still have some questions that he needs to work on. And he's not actually sure if John's okay.

He chose to keep quiet. He's horrible, not caring about his friend when he's not feeling himself.

"Hey Arlo... do you have a girl friend?" John asked suddenly.

'What? A girl friend?" Arlo asked, a bit confused. "Why would you need to know that?"

"Just tell me." John snapped.