Chapter 4

Arlo decides to go to bed before John does, at 10. That's a little early for John since he works in the night and he'd like to keep his routine that way. So, he sleep a lot, like a lot later than Arlo. Instead of sleeping, he stays up on his phone, in the living room, gaming and researching about how to greet other people.

He kind of wants to visit Seraphina but they were told to stay in their dorm unless it's for nessesary means, but even though, they weren't allowed to leave campus. So John and Arlo stay hogged up in the dorm.

John helps Arlo with tutor the best he can before he leaves and Arlo's grateful for it. Psychology interested him, he really liked studying the human brain and maybe he'll become the therapist one day.

Arlo's roommate invited Arlo to watch a movie with him in his room and NOT with the two other cripples, so that was kind of a bummer. Luckily, the police decided to bring John down for questioning if he's seen anything. They were almost done and they wanted to rush through this.

"Did you see anyone?" One tired policemen asked, which John shook his head to. The man wrote down some notes and proceeded on with the questioning.

It was less than 5 minutes and John thought it was very unprofessional of them, since he was the one who killed Zeke. The authorities is corrupted, but they tried to have a good cover. It's like trying to make the cover look good when the pages of the book are all scribbled on to the point where words couldn't be read.

It's fucking stupid. Instead of trying to fix the problem, they'd rather have an positive image of them.

After a few more hours, they were allowed to be let go. They couldn't determine anyone but they suspected it could have been a serial killer that was on the loose. The man killed at least 13 - 20 people although the deaths are not confirmed.

With that in mind, the headmaster informed everyone to be weary of others and never to go into places with no cameras. Then, the school was back in session.

Everyone had trouble getting back into their regular routines, but they managed. John didn't care, he had no trouble getting all the work done in a snap and was also pretty happy. "Hey John," Seraphina asked, not looking away from her phone.

"Yes?" He replied, also not looking away from his phone. He was looking through all the information that he'd gathered on the three trios.

"How do you do it? Blend right back in I mean."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"You managed to fit right back into your routine... How do you seem to peaceful at all times?" She asked, turning her head to stare at John. He placed his phone onto the ground, covering the screen.

"I am just happy that I live, I want to enjoy the moments I have before I die... you know?" He turned to glance at Seraphina with a smile on his face. "There's so much you have left to do before you die. You have so much more to see and feel."

Seraphina turned to look at what John was staring at the whole time as he said it. He was looking at the sky. She placed her phone down as well.

"Look at the sky. Isn't it so pretty?" He asked.

"It looks normal to me." Seraphina shrugged. John wrapped an arm around Seraphina's shoulder, pulling them closer together.

"Seraphina," John started to say, "Look a little deeper, Seraphina. Tell me, what do you see?"

Seraphina squinted her eyes, "Nothing...? What are you getting at John?"

"Maybe you'll see later on in life. If you stare hard enough into the sky, you'll see it." John said, getting up from his seat. "Keep looking Seraphina." He smiled, and picked up his phone. He walked inside into the school.