}Gift{

Knocking at the door wakes me up. Ruban snores underneath me. I look down at his face and see the scratch mark on his face almost gone. I trace my fingers over it gently. He snores, I slide my fingers over his beard to his lips. He is quite handsome. The knocking startles me. I slide off of the bed, and off of Ruban.

I answer the door, a young boy stands there awkwardly. I lean on the door.

"What?"

"Uhm, I need to tell Mr. Brennett something." His face reddened as he rubs the back of his neck.

"He's sleeping. What can I do for ya?"

He laughs nervously.

"Uh, well, could you tell him it is time to get ready for the party? Anything you guys need help with?" He tries to peek around the door.

"No honey, go on back to what you were doing. I'll take everything from here."

"Thanks, I mean! Thank you. You're pretty." His face turns beet red.

I laugh.

"What's you name?"

"Gregory, Gregory Bane."

"Nice to meet you. You can call me Sam, now I gotta wake the Alpha." I wink and close the door.

I notice he has stopped snoring. I smile and crawl on top of him. I hum.

"If only there was a way, for me to wake up this man." I smile and bend closer to his face. "I guess the only thing I can do is give him a kiss."

I lick the side of his face. He scrunches up his face, I laugh and he opens his eyes looking at me.

"You a phenomenal kisser!"

I laugh louder. I stare down at him and he just stares up at me. I clear my throat and roll on the bed.

"I was told to get you up for the party."

"You really shouldn't answer the door in your underwear."

"You shouldn't pretend to be asleep."

He chuckles. We both slide on clothes, the Aunts brought me a black outfit. The shirt was a turtle neck but near the collar bone was open down to the breasts, it was black but shined blue. I had black pants, which was nice because they were stretchy.

I do a squat and then a cartwheel. I cheer happily. Ruban watches me from across the room. I tie my hair up into a high ponytail.

"What?"

"What are you doing?"

"Y'all mutts may be strong but I am faster and more flexible."

He growls with a smile. I hiss with a grin.

Ruban holds a small box to me.

"What's this?"

"A gift."

"For me?" I furrow my brows. My heart clenches. How long has it been since I have been given a gift?

I open the small box and see a small hair comb. The metal shined as it weaved in a celtic design. The small gems in it shine brightly even with the smallest of movements.

"I-" what do I say?

"Do you not like it?"

I meet his eyes, they seem almost fearful.

"I can't remember the last time I have been given a gift."

He shuts his mouth and places the comb at the top of my ponytail. It looks almost like a crown. He brings up my hand and kisses them. A small glint of gold hides in his eyes.

"Thank you Ruban."

He nods and holds the door open for me. I walk out.

"Verena. You may want some shoes."

I look down at my blue toes.

"Nah, I'm good."

We walk outside. I walk on the forest path. Pine needles stab up at my feet. I keep quiet to not let Ruban know he was right.

I finally see fire and people, I stop. Ruban stops next to me.

"I can't do this."

"Yes you can."

"I'm a Panthera. They are going to try and kill me." I turn and he grips my shoulders.

"They have to get past me first."

I exhale deeply.

"Okay. Oh shit." I sigh out.

Ruban laughs quietly and brings me closer to the group of Lycanthrobes. My heart beats very fast. Almost painfully.

"Alpha and Alpha!"

They clap. I feel his hand around my waist. I place my hand on his. I give him a look that says, If some shit happens I'm running.

He looks at me. His eyes seem to scare me. You run, I will chase you. Some malice was behind it. Maybe that's why I have been afraid. He may actually be more powerful then he let's on.