26

"Good old Beach City, but so much has changed lately" Steven said as we rode on Lion around town.

We pasted the mayor, Nanefua as she was informing citizens of evacuation routes.

"And like that, she contributed more than Dewy' Y/n thought.

"I guess after all those abductions, everything couldn't just turn to normal"

Steven and I waved to Sadie, Buck and Sour Cream as they passed by.

"With Saide rocking out and Lars in space, we can't even enjoy our regular snack at the Big Donut. What we gonna do for breakfast now?!" Steven said as he leaned onto Lion's head and groaned gloomily.

"I could try cooking" I suggested.

I could see Steven shiver at the suggestion.

"No offence Y/n but you're cooking is horrible"

"Come on it was one time and okay, yes the pancakes were undercook but I've been practising plus Lion likes my cooking"

Steven was about to say something before Lion stopped and hurled Steven off his back causing me to to come out on Lion's back.

I petted Lion.

"Wait a minute. Big Donut is still open?" Steven asked.

"Huh?" I looked up to see two customers leaving Big Doghnut with food in their hand.

Steven and I glanced at each other before walking to the Big Doughnut.

We gasped in shock seeing who was standing behind the counter, wearing a Big Donut uniform

"Hello! Welcome to the Big Donut!" Garnet greeted.

"Garnet?" I asked not believing my eyes.

We walked up to the counter.

"I have so many questions" Steven told her, he was just as confused as I was.

"Just a moment you two. You'll have to wait your turn" Garnet said as she skillfully filled a paper bag with doughnuts and hands it over to the customer and after that, she turned to face us.

"Welcome to the Big Doughnut. Tell me how I may serve you"

"This is honestly the last place I thought I would see you working here Garnet. Have we fallen on hard times?" I asked.

"Oh Y/n. This isn't about making ends meet. This is about being random" She explained leaving Steven and I even more confused.

"You can't be serious" Steven said to her.

"Oh, yes!" Garnet grinned.

My brows fue together.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Yeah I'm with Y/n, I... don't understand"

Garnet poured coffee into a cup and the spill the counter and she points at the stream of the spilt coffee.