Ch.14

Shuyang's POV.

I stare at the two animals, making my heart hurt but deep down, I know that I need to adjust to them.

~Flashback~

"Mingrui, we need to talk." Zeyu said and the two angels step foot outside.

"Shuyang, I know you're awake." Xinlong says after had sat up.

"No I'm not." I try desperately to avoid conversations with the other.

"It's important." He says and I sigh, finally sitting up.

"What do you want?" I ask, annoyed.

"You need to adjust to Mingrui as soon as possible." He sighs and I give him a nasty look.

"Why should I?"

"He needs you as much as you need him. Maybe even more." The taller stands up to sit next to me.

"And how?"

"Well, the longer you feel uncomfortable with him, the more likely he..." His words trail off into nothingness.

Impatient, I give him an expectant look.

"Once you feel comfortable with him, that's the only time he's safe. The longer you're uncomfortable with Mingrui, the more likely he'll get hunted by demons." Xinlong started.

"Or worse, get dragged into hell."

"And don't go telling other people about him being your guardian angel. He'd also be endangered." The older continues.

I stare at him in shock.

"So you better keep him safe and he will do the same for you."

~End of Flashback~

I pick up the dog's leash and we went outside.

"Hanyu ge!" Xinlong calls out.

"Xinlong!" An unfamiliar boy walks in front of us, a parrot laying on his shoulder.

"Who's the bird?" Xinlong asks.

"It's Qiqi. He likes to fly to me. I don't know how he found me, though" Hanyu chuckled.

"Oh, you must be Shuyang, nice to meet you. My name's Jia Hanyu." He smiled. He seems trustworthy..

"Ren Shuyang."

"Is it alright if I ask what's his name?" He asks, pointing to Gou Gou.

"It's fine. His name is Gou Gou."