Ch.6

Italics - talking through minds
Gou Gou's POV.

"I'm just glad that you are too." Shuyang said and stroked my fur.

"Come out, all students!" A loud voice boomed through a megaphone.

"Ah, Gou Gou, this will just be an ice breaker. You don't need to come with me." Shuyang says and walks out the door with Xinlong.

"So, what now?" Xiaoyu asks.

"Dunno. Let's just watch over them."

"Sure."

Xiaoyu stood up to open the door and we went out to look for our owners.

Once we found them playing and laughing, we decided to just sit and wait, slightly further away from the humans but close enough for us to see and hear them.

"Roll the dice!" People started chanting around Shuyang who laughed awkwardly and rolled the dice.

Shuyang rolled the dice and got the number four.

"What does four mean?" He asks, dice in hand.

"What is your favorite band or singer." The coordinator said.

"O-Oh, that." Shuyang stuttered and I had already gotten ready to run over to him.

"Yeah! What is it?" A girl excitedly asks.

"Uhm... Twice..." Was what he said and everyone started laughing and teasing him. Although, of course Xinlong didn't. He looked rather worried nonetheless.

"Twice? Ha! Twice is for girls! What are you, gay?" A guy teased and pushed Shuyang.

Shuyang ran away as I ran after him. He was surely gonna have a breakdown.

After finding him curled up in a ball next to a hut, I squeezed my body into his arms to comfort him.

"Gou Gou, thank you." He let out quietly as he stroked my fur.

I rest my head onto his chest, his heartbeat gradually slowing down to a normal speed.

"What would I do without you?" He questions, pressing his face onto my body.

"Shuyang! Are you alright?" A familiar deep voice comes from the corner, Xinlong.

"Is he alright?" Xiaoyu asks. He was there to witness the happening.

"Yeah, his heartbeat is slowing down." I responded.

"That's great."

"Shuyang, should I take you back?" Xinlong asks as he crouched to where Shuyang was sitting, still squeezing me in his arms.

"Yeah..." Shuyang let's go of me and Xinlong helps him to stand up.

Xiaoyu and I walk alongside them as Xinlong held onto both of our leashes.

"What happened to that guy who pushed Shuyang?" I ask the white cat.

"He was changed into the YH team." He replied, snarling lightly.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Who knows what else he could've done..." Oh, right. Xiaoyu was feisty and would fight anyone who hurts his owner.

Xiaoyu was trained in many ways. To fight, to be of service, to calm, everything. But he had always specialized in fighting since he was big and had sharp claws.

I was trained like that too but I preferred protecting and calming down my owner. I would only fight if I had to, whether it be for survival or protection.

"Come in." A voice cuts my thoughts. Oh, Xiaoyu and I were standing still at the doorway.

The two of us made our way inside and when Xinlong sat down Shuyang, I immediately sat on his lap to calm him.

"Shuyang, is it alright if Xiaoyu and I leave? The coordinator is calling everyone." Xinlong says

"Sure." Shuyang responded with a smile.

"Thanks." And so the pair takes their leave.

"Thank you, buddy." My owner strokes my fur calmingly.

"I just really wish you could talk."

I can. But I just can't show you...

I'm sorry.