Chapter 55: What You Want

Start from the beginning

Ideas that come to mind humor me until I recall his words about dealing with my insecurities. He has been very clear about wanting to consummate our marriage and then some. I didn't think much of it before but come tomorrow night our relationship will discover new territories.

"Axelia, we're leaving," Elysse taps me on a shoulder while Aiko stands by with a navy blue robe for me to slip on.

"You guys go ahead to the guest house," she tells Elysse once I'm dried off. "Axelia and I will catch up."

Surprisingly, nobody questions her as to why, but I figure it is just because she is a Queen and they're intimidated by her authority. It isn't until she guides me all the way back to my room in Queen Ida's tower that I realize we won't be joining the others without being late.

"Aiko, what's going on?" I hesitantly ask once we are sealed in the room.

Her chocolate brown eyes melt with a bubbly smile as she pulls her hair into a ponytail and flops down on a long couch patting the spot beside herself.

I grab a glass of water from the nightstand and take a sip as I join her.

"We have some things to discuss, Princess," she chirps and whips out a notepad. "Queen Ida gave you that medication from Perseus, correct?"

A jar of small white pills that the Reriman council said is their wedding gift.

Suspicious.

"Yes, I've been taking them since the day after he proposed."

"Wonderful!" she says and checks it off her notes before peering over the pad at me. "You do know what they are, yes?"

Honestly, I was too exhausted to pay attention to the details. I only recall Perseus insisting I take one every day without fail.

"Nope."

She purses her lips and sets the notepad in her lap. "Birth control, Love, to make sure you don't get pregnant your first week of marriage," she reminds me just as I take a sip of water, causing me to choke half-gulp.

"Oh-- right," I rasp, hoping to play it off but by the shaking of her head my act wasn't convincing.

"My informant tells me that you and Leonidas intend to consummate your marriage. How are you feeling about that?" she continues to interrogate in such a casual manner one would this this was tea-talk.

"Nervous, I guess. I haven't really thought much about it or rather," my cheeks warm as I trail off in thought, "I don't really know what I would think about in regards to it."

"Ooo, so you're a virgin virgin," she comes to her own conclusion, and I go along with it not even sure about what that means. "No worries, Princess, I'm here to teach you anything and everything you want and need to know."

Rising from her seat, she pulls a rolling chalk board from behind the wardrobe closet.

I sit in a state of shock, awe and confusion as she begins a lesson on the anatomy of female bodies specifically in regards to genitalia when she discovers I've never journeyed below my own waistline before.

Then, she goes on with more elaborate details about the male body which I thought would be weird to discuss until she makes it fun with odd diagrams and use of visual aids which incorporate my favorite thing: food.

Elysse must have told her my weakness. Why else would a vampire of bland dietary taste use fruits and vegetables as props for a presentation?

"Communication is key!" she shouts and slams down her notepad when my attention drifts to the platter of food set on my lap.