7 | Close glance

•°•°•°•°•°•

l o v e  m e, please.

•°•°•°•

Darryl's POV

"Is that everything I need?"

I nod to myself as I open our front door, house key in my left hand and a bag on my shoulder, ready to make my way to the grocery store.

"Ah-"

I flinch in slight pain from the wounds I had left on my arms, leading me to drop my keys. Kneeling down to pick them right back up again, my stomach starts to grumble which makes me groan in annoyance.

"Guess I'm getting more than just some bandages."

As I close the front door and take a few steps on the pavement, I hear a familiar voice screaming in the distance.

"sTOP YOU'RE NOT FUNNY"

Shocked, I turn my head to the direction it came from when the realisation hits me.

"...Zak?"

Still looking at the source of the voice, I continue scanning the other people walking next to him.

Some random dude I've never seen before,
a girl with dark brown hair, who does kind of remind me of Zak,
and...

"Dave."

Who would have thought?

I mean, it's always him after all.

It could never be me, the one beside Zak.

Because I'm not that perfect.

I'm not that interesting.

With my face now turned to the floor, I remind myself that I have to get to the store one day and that I can't be moody like this all day when I'm outside.

"You'll never be good enough for him."

"I know..."

Halfway through the way to the grocery store, I freeze, glancing at a reflection of me in a window.

"Ugly."

I looked horrifying.

Disgusting.

Lame.

Stupid.

My body was hidden under an oversized black hoodie, hiding all those flaws and insecurities that I wish never existed in the first place.

The messy hair covering parts of my gross face, which will never look like one in my whole life.

I raise my hand, aggressively pulling my hair out of my face.

"Looking even more deformed today."

It was nothing like the other faces I have seen on me. Whose face was it I have painted on?

"No matter where I see it, my face is always ugly but never the same."

Is this why Zak won't catch sight of me?

"Ugly???"

"WOAH-"

Terrified at the sudden boy next to me, I jump with widened eyes and let out a scream.

"Zak?!"

Only a few inches away from the smaller boy's face, I glimpse at his brown eyes, spotting my own reflection in them.

"I don't think you're ugly!"

What?

He puts his hand to his waist, slightly frowning at me while I stare at him, lost in my thoughts.

He's talking to me.

•°•°•°•°•°•

love me.
ǝɯ ןɐǝɥ