6 | Sweat and Tears

•°•°•°•°•°•

l ovem e, h ur tme.

•°•°•°•

Darryl's POV

My eyes shot open as I find myself lying on the bathroom tiles. My gaze stuck on the ceiling, several droplets of sweat flow down my forehead.

"Oh my goodness..."

I try to turn to the side, my whole body hurting while doing so.

"F-fudge..."

With my left arm on my waist, I immediately notice the deep cuts all over it. Turning my head, I see quite a big pool of blood on the bathroom tiles, beside it my razor.

"I-I went too far..."

"Bet you did! How about even deeper cuts next time, loser? You know, just a bit deeper and you could die..."

My right hand holding onto the sink, I try to stand up straight while trying my best not to lose my remaining strength.

"Just kill yourself! It's not like anyone will miss you or anything!"

I stroll out the bathroom, my right hand on the wall giving my body the balance to keep going. As I get more close to my room, the sharp pain from the cuts on my arm continues.

"H-holy muf-"

After some painful minutes, I reach the desk in my bedroom and sit myself carefully down on the chair.

"Darryl?"

Shock crosses my face as I hear my mom calling my name.

I turn my head to my digital clock and look back to my closed door as I hear footsteps nearing.

7:01am

"Are you awake?"

Anxiety overcoming me, I struggle to answer and cover my arm and my shoulders with the nearest blanket I could find.

"I'm coming in."

As my mother opens the door, a rather quiet creak can be heard. She steps into my room and instantly stares at me.

"Goodness Darryl! You're extremely pale!"

"...Can I skip school today?"

She pauses a second before responding.

"Yes, but make sure to eat and drink enough since I'll be off to work soon..."

"...And if you're feeling nauseous or have a headache, there are pills in the cabinet."

"I know, I know..."

Out of nowhere, the sound of my stomach growling appears.

"Do you want me to make you a sandwich before I head off? A simple but lovely grilled cheese sandwich?"

With my eyes locked on my bedroom floor, I shake my head.

"I'll get some more sleep first, then I'll make myself something to eat... Have fun at work."

My mom sighs, then continues to walk in the direction of our stairs. Before she takes the first step, she quickly turns her head to me.

"Just that you know, you can always talk to me if you want to."

"...I'll be going now. Take care."

As I hear our front door closing, I grab a water bottle from my desk while tears start to form.

"I don't know if I can..."

•°•°•°•°•°•

love ¿¿¿
hurt me.