Chapter 10- Lily's past

3 hours later

After Lily's tickle attack by Ian, she was now breathing heavily from laughing so much. "So, you learned your lesson?" Ian asked as Lily only managed to nodded. "That's what I thought." Just then, Ian heard his phone ringing. Ian picked it up and realized that it was Lucy. "Ugh, if she's calling for some damn money again." he said to himself as he answered her call. "Lucy, if this is about the rent I'm gonna-"

"It's not about the rent." Lucy replied as Ian listened. "Okay, then what is it about."

"Meet me at Olive Garden."

"Really, why not Golden Carel."

"You wanna try McDonalds?"

"Olive Garden it is." Ian answered back as he hung up the phone. He turned back to Lily. "Alright you guess what?" he asked as he pressed the button on his remote and Lily was untied. "You get to stay here for a while. I'll be back soon."

"Where are you going?"

"To see Lucy."

"Really! I wanna come too." Lily said as she smiled big. "Sorry little one but this is only for me and Lucy."

"Aw." Lily said in sadness. "Um..." Ian thought about it and decided to cheer her up a bit. "How about I'd let you order some pizza from Domino's (yes, my favorite pizza place)."

"What's that?"

"A place that sells pizza. I'll order the pepperoni for you." Ian said as he already placed Lily's order and handed her 25 dollars. "Only spend it on the pizza. Understand?"

"Yep." Lily said cheerfully.

---------------------

Once Ian left his house, he met up with Lucy at Olive Garden. "Ian." Ian turned to see Lucy. He went over to her table and sat across from her. "Hey."

"Hey." Lucy replied as they both started to blush. "S-So um...what do you wanna talk about?"

"Two things actually. One, about what Lily said earlier."

"You mean when-"

"Yeah." Lucy was blushing even more. She didn't know how to tell her feelings to her friend. "I know about what happened to you and your wife. I um don't wanna feel like I'm invading in your love. I just wanted you to know my feelings. You don't have to love me back you don't want to." Lucy said looking like a red tomato right now.

Ian couldn't help but start laughing. Lucy looked at him with a confused face. "What?"

"You face. You're like a tomato." Ian replied as Lucy felt her face. It was really hot. "Ian!" Lucy said as she tried to cover her face. That only made Ian laugh more.

When he finished laughing, he calmed down and said, "To answer your question, I've....had feelings for you too." Ian said as Lucy looked at him longingly. "Really?"

"Of course. After my wife and...my..." Ian started but he couldn't bare to say the name of his wife and child. Lucy put her hand on his. "I'm really sorry with what you had to go through. You didn't deserve that." Lucy said as Ian wiped away a single tear. When he was about to speak, the waitress came at there table. "Hello, sorry for the long wait. Is there anything you'd like to drink?"

"Yes, a glass of wine please."

"I'll have that too."

"Okay, I'll be back with your drinks shortly." the waitress said as she walked away to fetch them there drinks.

"So, what was the other part?" Ian asked as Lucy inhaled a bit. "I've been looking through some old hospital records from 2008."

"And?"