SIXTEEN

Unedited*

Eden laid in the flower field the young children and giddy laughter long gone as she stared up at the starry night sky

Eden laid in the flower field the young children and giddy laughter long gone as she stared up at the starry night sky. She wasn't thinking of anything specific and she soon began counting the stars and smiling when she knew each constellation. She stayed awake counting each and every star until the black sky turned to a bright blue and the stars were replaced by a bigger and brighter star. She sighs as she sits up from her laying position and leans her head back feeling the warmth of the sun on her skin. Her peaceful time was over when she heard a twig snap causing Eden to turn towards the sound with narrowed eyes.

There stood a tall unfamiliar man with golden brown skin, pitch black hair, warm honey colored eyes, and a reassuring smile was on his face. Eden slowly stands up and keeps her eyes on the smiling man who walks towards her.

"Who are you?" Eden curiously asks causing the stranger to chuckle

"You do not know me my child but I know you" The man softly says making Eden even more confused

"Is there something you need help with?.." Eden asks still confused as to why there was a complete stranger here with her.

"It's time for you to awaken" The man says and sends Eden a reassuring and warm smile

"Remember that you are strong and loved " The man softly says and snaps his fingers

All of a sudden she couldn't see anything but bright lights and she felt like she couldn't breath. Her eyes squinting at the bright light and her eyebrows furrow as a blurred figure appeared above her. The blurred figure seemed panicked and starts yelling something that was muffled to Eden. Next thing she knows two more blurred figures appeared above her, one holding her hand and staring at her while the other held something in their hands and let trying to speak to her.

"Ms. Hargreaves can you hear me?" The blurred figure asks and Eden slowly nods, her brain comprehending the words that came out of the women's mouth. She blinks a couple of time and realizes the blurred figures were Blake, Allison, and a nurse.

"Ms. Hargreeves you will have to stay still for this next part okay?" The nurse asks and waits for Eden to nod her head.

Eden stays still and grips Blake's hand tighter as the nurse takes something out of her mouth causing Eden to cough once it was fully out. The nurse immediately hands her a cup of water and Eden sends the nurse a thankful smile as she fills the water down.

"How are you feeling Ms. Hargreeves?" The nurse asks

"I'm feeling fine just a bit confused" Eden hoarse voice replies as she drinks more water