Chapter 3: Felix POV

After meeting her, I knew I had to find someone who would treat her well. While I was busy thinking about who would be a good match. I promised myself I wouldn't match her with the wrong person like Minho did. Second time soulmates never happen, but apparently she was an exception.

I took the key out of my pocket and closed my eyes, I arrived back in the portal room.
"Felix! How was your first day?" I looked over to my right and saw Seungmin sitting on a gold chair with some Sparkling Strawberry Cider in a wine glass. He was the portal guard, he made sure every Cupid that went down to Earth came back before 10:00 P.M. And he was the one who knew every single soulmate.
"It was pretty good, I saw that she and Chan broke up, which was bound to happen," I said while stepping off the pedestal. He took a sip of his drink and looked at the pedestal behind me.
"Move," He simply said while looking at the pedestal intensely.
I didn't question and moved his left side. I looked towards the pedestal and saw another Cupid came back.
"Hi Seungmin," A guy said while stepping off and bowing. Seungmin just nodded.
"Who's this?" He said with curiosity.
"This is Felix, he just came back with his first assignment," Seungmin said while glancing at me then back to the guy.
"Felix, this is Hyunjin, he's the best Cupid, that's atleast what C says," Seungmin said while taking a sip of his drink. Hyunjin slightly bowed at me and looked at me with a small glare.
"Nice to meet you," He said with a hint of sarcasm. I bowed back to him and nodded.
"I should go now, I need to meet with Minho," Hyunjin said while bowing at Seungmin and walking out of the room.
"Don't mind him, he thinks high of himself since C calls him the 'best' Cupid here," Seungmin said while scoffing.
"O-Okay, I should take me leave as well, I'll see you tomorrow," I said while bowing. As I was about to leave the room, Seungmin said something that surprised me.
"Felix, before you go, Y/N's soulmate isn't who you think it is," He said and then closed the door, as it was 10:00 P.M. No one could enter the portal room anymore.
I thought about what he said.
What does he mean, he knows all the soulmates, but why tell me that her soulmate isn't who I think it is?
While I was debating in my head I accidentally bumped my shoulder with someone while walking down the hall.
"Oh, I'm sorry," I said while bowing. I felt piercing eyes in me. I looked up and saw that is was Hyunjin.
What did I do to deserve this?
I mentally slapped myself.
"I'm sorry," Hyunjin said with a hint of sarcasm, "I didn't see you there."
He smirked and walked away, disappearing into another hallway.
I shouldn't get on his bad side, but after that, I probably am.
I sighed.
I continued walking and I saw Minho leaning on my room door while playing on his phone.
"Minho, why are you here?" I asked him while tapping his shoulder.
"Oh, you're here, I was just going to say, don't get on Hyunjin's bad side," He said while putting his phone away. He patted my head and went down the hall to his room. It was kind of hard to see Minho, since he lives in the other wing, which was for more advanced Cupid's, but after that accident, I don't think he still lives in his old room.
I just blinked twice and took out my room key. Without looking I unlocked my room and went inside.
I looked around my room, there was something off. I looked at the lights and saw that they weren't the lights I used to have. After a few seconds my eyes started burning.
"Aish! Who changed my lights?" I said while covering my face with my arms.
I immediately went back outside my room and saw that everybody was outside their rooms' covering their eyes. I glanced at the entrance of the wing and saw a shadow smirking.
"Is everyone OK!?" Someone yelled from the entrance.
It was Hyunjin. Behind him was Seungmin and Minho.
"What happened here?" Seungmin asked.
"Our lights! They were changed from our usual lights to different lights," Someone said from my left. Lights were very important, each Cupid sees the world of love differently, so we each have our own custom lights for our eyes. One mistake can burn our eyes.
"Who would do this?" Minho asked while helping the other Cupids group up. I looked around and saw that the shadow was behind Minho. I widened my eyes. But instead a bright light sprouted from the shadow. I closed my eyes, I looked back and the shadow was gone.

After a long 2 hours
C investigated the lights and returned then to normal. We all bowed and thanked him.
I went back to my room door and unlocked it. I went back inside and saw that the lights were changed to my custom setting. I was relieved.
Who would do such a thing, we all know that one mistake could cost our title as Cupid, let alone our sights on the world.
While I was thinking I walked to my bedroom. I walked towards my bed and sat down.
"Felix! Get yourself together, I need to be ready for tomorrow," I said while gently slapping myself. I lied down and stared at the ceiling.
I wonder how's Y/N.
I immediately snapped out of those thoughts. But I did wonder how she was doing.
I changed into something comfortable and lied in me bed with my blanket covering me. I closed my eyes and wondered who would change our lights. I jolted my eyes open after the image of the shadow popped in my mind.
Felix, snap out of it, it might've just been your imagination.
I turned onto my right side and covered my eyes with my left hand.
I need to make sure she gets the right person. I should go to sleep. I have to find the right person for Y/N tomorrow.
After those thoughts I closed my eyes and went out sleep after a long tiring day.