/15/ hunger

We never actually fucked. Harry had gotten a call from Niall around two in the morning needing to be let into the apartment because Niall forgot his keys before going out. By time Harry got to his place, it was almost three and I told him that he should just stay home and sleep, since it didn't make sense to come back for only two hours, especially since he had been complaining that he was tired. He agreed reluctantly, the disappointment obvious in his voice.

I laughed when I heard it, which he didn't take very well and complained that it wasn't fair that I got off when he didn't. I argued that I offered to let him have his way with me in the shop, but he declined, so really, it was his own fault.

This morning, Lucy texted us in our group chat to double check that we were still on for tonight. Harry then sent me a private text asking if I was going and if we could hangout beforehand. I asked if it was a sex thing or a friend thing and he said, 'friend,' which was both slightly disappointing and reassuring.

Lucy, Harry and I had plans tonight to go grab a few drinks since we hadn't all been together since his show four days ago, which according to her, was too long. Thankfully, with the new hire at the shop, I was able to get coverage for tonight in exchange for working the day shift.

When I walked into work, I immediately understood why Lily hired two more people—it was tourist season and the shop was pretty busy. What was frustrating, was that no one really even seemed to be interested in buying books, but still insisted on pulling a ton off of the shelves, especially in the rare books section, only to leave them on the floor or shoving them somewhere they didn't belong.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes as the fourth person asked me where the best spot for an Instagram picture was in the shop. I pointed her in a random direction like I had the ones before her and turned around with a sigh, seriously missing the night shift.

I was leaning against the desk talking to one of the new hires when I felt someone wrap their hand around my waist. I jumped and whirled around, ready to chastise whoever it was for touching me, when I saw that it was Andy.

"Hey, Aud."

"Hey," I returned his smile. "What are you doing here?"

"I realized that I never actually saw where you worked despite how much you talked about it and I'm always in this area so I figured I'd stop by and check it out. I didn't think you'd be here since you worked at night."

I searched his face for signs that he was lying, for a sign that he had somehow stalked me, or knew that I was here and was here to confront me about our lack of communication lately or...something like Lukas would do—but then I reminded myself that he wasn't Lukas. He was Andy, and Andy was probably one of the most chill guys I had ever been with.

"Yeah, I picked up the shift because Lucy wants to go out later."

"How have you been? I haven't seen you, or really talked to you, in, like, two weeks?"

I cringed, worried of how this was going to go, " Yeah, I'm sorry about that. It's just—I—" I really had no idea what to say and thankfully, he cut off my babbling.

"It's all good. I know you're into someone else." He smirked before leaning down close to me, "I told you there was something between you and Harry. I could see it from the start."

I blushed, "That's not—there isn't—we're friends!"

"Aud, I'm not mad that you ghosted me for him! We were just fucking—but, I also thought we had kind of become friends." He shrugged and I felt like a bit of an asshole.