/13/ the show

"Do you think she's going to be there?" Lucy asked as we combed through the racks at Zara, looking for outfits to wear to Harry's show.

"Probably. I mean, she is his girlfriend, remember?"

"Ugh," Lucy threw her head back. "Did I tell you that I ran into her the other day?"

"No!" I turned to her, my face showing my disbelief. "Where? When?"

"It was Tuesday at the artist market over here. One of my friends had rented a stall, so I went for support and she was there shopping. It was kind of awkward. She pretended like she didn't know who I was!"

"Why does she do that?"

Lucy waved a hand in the air while admiring an oversized denim jacket, "I don't know...probably to assert her dominance or something."

Every time we saw her, which wasn't very often since she wasn't fond of our friendship with Harry, she acted as if she had forgotten who we were, despite us meeting at least four times. Honestly, I would've much preferred if she simply ignored my existence entirely instead of putting on the show.

"Whatever. If she's there, we have to be nice, be on our best behavior—for Harry."

"But he doesn't even like her!" Luce whined as she added a hot pink mini skirt to the pile of clothes I already had draped over my arm.

I sighed, " I know, but this is what he's decided to do and, honestly, I'm tired of fighting with him over it. On Wednesday, when I gave him his song back, we talked about it again. He is choosing to be with her and we're just going to have to deal with it. Whoever this girl is that doesn't want him has driven him into the arms of the sea witch and we're the ones who are going to have to suffer the consequences."

"You can thank yourself..."

"What?" I missed the second half of Lucy's sentence because of her mumbling.

"Nothing!" She singsonged before turning to look through the rack behind her.

I was getting ready in my room later on when I got a text from Harry.

	He had been double checking my attendance since he told me about the show

He had been double checking my attendance since he told me about the show. I wasn't sure why since I would never miss it. I strongly believed in supporting my friends and had been wanting to see Harry perform since I found out he could sing.

I shot Lucy a text letting her know that I was going to the venue early before looking at the time. The gig was in Brooklyn, almost an hour on the subway, so that left me with a little less than two hours to get ready.

I had already showered and styled my hair into soft waves but I still couldn't decide on an outfit. Lucy and I's shopping trip had been successful; I bought three outfits and had them laid out in front of me on my bed, but none of them felt right. After thirty minutes of trying on and taking off each piece at least three times, I wandered over to the clothing rack that sat in the corner of my apartment.