/14/ some rules

Harry and I were at Rudy's for lunch, where we had been dancing around what happened between us a few nights ago. He kissed me, confessed that he wanted me, maybe hinted that he wanted to date me, and then asked if we could have sex—and I agreed. I had been waiting weeks for him to signal to me that he wanted more, but since he had we hadn't talked about it. "So...how is this going to work?" I pulled my iced coffee to my lips and took a long sip as I watched him rub the back of his neck.

"How is what going to work?"

"The sex..."

"Oh..." He chuckled uncomfortably, "yeah, that. Well, I figured...I don' know..we'd just have sex?"

"Oh, my God, you've really never done this before." I sat back against the booth, slightly surprised. He always swore that he had never just hooked up before, but I always thought that was kind of a lie. I knew he had hooked up with girls in bars or clubs and went on dates, but I thought that he would've had a consistent hookup at least once. Apparently, I was wrong.

"Well, we need rules." I announced.

"We do?"

"Yeah. I mean, we're not dating, right?"

"No." He shook his head before popping a fry into his mouth.

I ignored the way my heart dipped slightly and shoved the idea that I could be disappointed deep down where it belonged. "Well, then we need rules. That way, no lines get blurred and we can keep our friendship in tact because...I refuse to lose you as a friend and this could get complicated."

I tried to hide the slight fear in my voice, because this could get complicated. I was very aware that the boy in the blue jeans and white "America" t-shirt could completely crush me if I didn't shove the non-sexual feelings I was experiencing down deep.

Harry reached over and grabbed my hand, "That's not going to happen, Aud. We'll be fine."

I heaved a nervous sigh and he continued, "I'm serious. Look, I told you that I wanted you. That wasn't a lie. I've wanted you since I met you." I felt a blush rise on my cheeks. "We can do this. What are the rules?"

I pulled my small notebook out of my bag and a pen, "Rule number one: just sex—no dates, or talking about feelings."

"I can get behind that one, I guess. Wait," he held up his hand, "what counts as a date? Because I still want to hangout with you, and come here, and go to the movies, and the beach like we usually do."

"As long as it's not romantic, it's not a date."

"Got it." He gave a curt nod.

"Rule number two: when we're out with our friends, we're just friends—no benefits."

"I don't really understand, but fine."

I leveled him with a stare, "It just makes it less complicated for everyone, okay? Trust me, I've done this before."

"Oh, I know." Harry smirked.

"Rule number three: don't be an ass." I kicked his shin under the table and he laughed.

"How about: rule number three is that if we sleep with anyone else, we let the other know."

He wanted to sleep with other people too? I took a deep breath and tried very hard not to let that one bother me, "Good idea." I wrote it done reluctantly.

"What's the rule on kissing? Because I likes kissing you and would like to do it more often." I tried to stifle a laugh when I saw how serious he was, but that only made it harder to contain.