/10/ angry harry was hot

*edited 2020

"Call him." Lucy shoved my phone into my face.

"I'm not going to call him." I squeezed the thick book onto the shelf and pulled my phone from her hands.

She turned around, "Harry, tell her to call him."

"I'm not getting involved." He muttered, his eyes never leaving the page of the book on his lap.

"Call who?" Lily asked when walked into the shop.

Today I was working the day shift...and the night shift. This seemed to be happening a lot in the past two weeks or so because the new guy that was hired to work days was proving to be extremely flaky. Really, I was working half of the day shift and half of the night shift and Lily worked the other half. I had finally managed to talk her into hiring a third person. As much as I loved being here, I was tired of working every single night and lately I was tired all the time.

Lucy and Harry greeted the adorably old woman and Lucy answered, "This guy that's in love with Auden."

"In love with you? Why aren't you calling him?" Lily looked at me like I was insane.

I shook my head, "He's not in love with me. We just went for a walk at a party a few nights ago and he gave me his number. I don't even know the guy."

"And you'll never know him unless you call him, dear." She pulled out the book log behind the desk and started to flip through it.

"I just think it's best if I take a break from guys because of the whole Lukas thing."

"I agree." Harry raised his hand and Lucy rolled her eyes.

"Oh, yeah." Ms Crimson pointed her finger at me, "You better get a restraining order against that boy or something. He showed up again yesterday looking for you. I swear he was getting so angry he was scaring the customers."

"Yeah, Aud. Harry told me about everything that's been going on with him and I'm getting nervous." Lucy sat down on the arm of Harry's chair.

"I'm not leaving tonight," he said. "We're going to go get some food later and then I'm coming back here with you and I'm staying in case Lukas decides to show up."

I thanked him without protest, knowing he wouldn't let it go. The past few days, he had been trying to talk me into being okay with him staying all night. Even though Harry came in almost every night, especially nights he worked the late shift at the record store, he only ever stayed for three or four hours at a time. Lately, he claimed to have a bad feeling about the Lukas situation. He was worried that he was going to take it too far and while I understood his worry, I refused to let Harry sit around the shop overnight when he should've been sleeping.

"Well, kiddos, I just stopped to check in and grab a book for Juliana before my doctor's appointment." She slowly walked towards the door. "I'll be back to check on you tonight, Auden. Enjoy your day!"

We all called good bye and returned to doing our own things.

I knew that Lily was old but she'd had loads of doctors appointments in the last month. When I asked her if everything was okay a few days ago, she shrugged it off and told me it was her old age but I could tell something was off.

Her personality was the same; she was still upbeat and sassy, but the way she moved was different. She had also developed bags under her eyes that hadn't been there before all the appointments. When I talked to Harry about it he told me not to worry and that it was what happened when people grew older but there was something in the pit of my stomach telling me this was different. I didn't want to bring it up to her again, though; I didn't want to make her uncomfortable or like she had to tell me despite maybe not wanting to. I decided that I would just keep a close eye on her and hoped that she trusted me enough to tell me what was going on eventually.