Stargazing

Suggested By: inesnff

[Amane x Reader]

---

Puffing her cheeks for confidence, the girl fixed her dress while looking in the mirror.

The sun had completely set, leaving the sky to the moon and stars. Tonight was a big night for many of the town's local children.

Prom. Everyone looked forward to toward it. First years were already talking about what they'd wear or who'd they go with. Everyone in (Y/n)'s grade we're going to do something foolish that would cause havoc and make this a prom to be remembered.

But (Y/n) had other things on mind. Her date for the night. Amane had finally asked her, much to her surprise. Her friends told her many times that he would, but why would her crush waste anytime on something so- so-! Romantic? With her of all people!

She remembered him asking her on the school rooftop when they snuck in after hours. He was flustered but still asked. She remembered chocking and causing them to almost get caught by the school security guard.

Then she actually them caught by screaming a "Of course!" and ambushing him into a hug.

Grimacing in embarrassment, she finished getting ready and pulled on the purse she would be taking along.

"Hun, Amane's here!" Dashing out of her room, she completely forgot about the heels she was wearing. "I'm ready! I'm ready-!"

Her heel got stuck on a step, making her body push and tumble it's way down the first floor. Amane, being used to his childhoods friend's antics, reflexing ran towards the bottom of the stairs and was able to grab her before she hit the last step. Adrenaline ran threw her.

Grabbing her childhood crush by the shoulders, she sighed out. "I told you to stop running like that! You could seriously get hurt!" Her mother scolded, pushing them towards the doorway.

"(L/n), weren't you suppose to gracefully climb down the steps so I could say something cheesy to you?" He teased, holding on her hands so she wouldn't topple over.

"Aw, shush! I didn't mean to fall!" She played it off, ignoring the tingles she felt.

And why had he called her by her surname? "What happened to that cute nickname you had for me?"

He rolled his eyes.

Maybe a little teasing would do the trick. "Hmmm, what was it again? (N/n)-chan?" She questioned, entering the car Amane owned.

He entered the other side and ignored the giggles that escaped (Y/n). "Very funny. The nickname I made up was actually cute. Unlike what you used to call me." He muttered, starting to drive.

"Hey! What's wrong with Amane Boke?"

"Fine then, (Y/n) Boke!" He teased back, using a hand to poke her side. She giggled, leaning on the side of the door to escape.

The car came to a halt when they made it to the school's entrance. Amane opened the well-dressed girl's door. She didn't bat an eye, but still gave a smile and grabbed his hand that helped her get out.

The action was something common between them. He was always a gentleman, as he was a tease.

Their arms folded together while they made their way up the steps and towards the school's doors.

"Tsukasa's not coming?" (Y/n) asked, her eyes tracing Amane's outfit. "He's suspended, remember? That apparently still applies to prom." He keep his eyes forward, opening the door for his date.