Imagination

Suggested by: StrawberrySylveon

[Hanako x Reader]
---
[Readers POV]

"Mngh..." Golden rays of the sun filled the quiet classroom. Creaking my eyes open, I had to close them quickly due to the sunlight that blinded me.

I groaned, finally sitting up and rubbing my eyes. What happened?

I yawned, opening my eyes for the first time that felt like hours. "Eh? Where's everyone..?" The classroom was empty. Despite me flipping my head around side to side, I couldn't spot any of my classmates. I turned to the window, mentally freaking out at the sight.

"The sun- the sun!" I yelped, jumping back and rammed myself into the desk behind me. It made my back hurt at the impact, but I had bigger problems at the moment. "What the heck?! What time is is?" My eyes whipped to the clock, and I nearly melted on the spot.

It was after school hours and the sun looked like it would completely set in a few minutes. I grabbed my bag and darted out of the my classrooms.

'Why didn't anybody wake me up?!'

I mentally cried, finally reaching the front doors of the school. I tried pulling, pushing, and even the unthinkable when it didn't work.

It wasn't as if I was scared or anything, but my father would have my head for being late. I groaned out loud, as no one could scold me for being so oblivious at the moment.

Wasn't there any other way for me to- wait.

My face brightened as I came up with an idea.

On the other side of the school, that connects to the old building! There might be a way to leave through there!

I picked myself up, and mustered up any confidence I had with this idea. "This is going to work!" I spoke, looking up while beginning to walk.

My hands were crunched into fist close to my chest, as I thought encouraged. "I'm definitely going to find a way out! And my dad won't be mad at all!" Finally feeling better, I barely noticed the change in the room.

Everything felt bleak and cold when I made it into the old building.

I focused on my environment better at the feeling of chills wash over me. "Why is it colder over here?" I questioned out loud, trying to fill the silence with my own voice. I wearily grabbed the strap on my school bag, rushing over to what looked like an exit.

̶I̶̶t̶ ̶f̶̶e̶̶l̶̶t̶ ̶l̶̶i̶̶k̶̶e̶ ̶t̶̶h̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶ ̶w̶̶e̶̶r̶̶e̶ ̶e̶̶y̶̶e̶̶s̶ ̶o̶̶n̶ ̶m̶̶e̶̶. I was completely alone.

I finally reached the door, and grabbed the handle eagerly pulling at full force. It didn't budge though. Oh god- the feeling of being watched increased. Oh no..! Why didn't this door work?! Why did I have to think it would work!?

I couldn't let myself give up though. I pushed at the door, rattling it at full strength...; and then it broke.

The handle cracked off, backing me stumble back at the lack of support. I gasped, frozen at the sight of it hanging blandly off my hand.

"͛p͛f͛f͛t͛.͛.͛ b͛a͛h͛a͛h͛a͛h͛a͛.͛.͛"͛ Sounds of snickering began to linger around me, making me almost fall into the ground. I knew better than to call out to who was laughing, so I held the handle to my chest, glancing all over the room I inhabited.

"No- no no! Work please!" I cried, pushing my body into the door. "Just, um-!" I tried to speak over the giggling by talking louder, but that only made the laughing increase.

"O- OPEN SESAME!" I yelped desperately at the door, whipping my hand at the door as if it would have powers to open the door. The laughter stopped.

For a moment, there was silence. I blinked in question. "Am... Am I losing my mind?" The words left my mouth quietly. "Yeah, of course I am! It was just my imagination-" I put on a brave face, not believing the laughter I was hearing a moment ago.

Then it came back, but louder. The person laughing didn't stop, and wasn't just chuckling anymore. They were laughing at full force, as if they had heard something ridiculous.

I didn't want to hear it anymore..! I was really going crazy! I let go of the handle, and ran. Anywhere would be fine! Just not here!

I ran through the old halls, and ignored the echoing creaks that followed me. The laughing sounded like it was getting closer.

I should just hide!

Running into the bathroom, I looked back and stumbled over my feet. The laughing paused but I didn't feel any safer. If anything, I felt more tense. I grabbed on to the sink, thinking about my next hiding place. I definitely can't go back out there.

The stalls were all I had, so I grabbed on to the handle ready to pull.

Again, giggling. But this time it was from the inside of the stall. It sounded softer than what I previously heard.

It didn't sound like it was an echo in my head, so that must've meant it was an actual person, right?

I knocked once, not getting an answer.

Again, I knocked, becoming fearful. "Is anybody in there...?" I whispered, begging for those giggles to not be all in my head.

I knocked one last time, only for the door to open on it's own. I tensed, feeling my shoulders lock down in fear.

"𝘠𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘴! 𝘐'𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘦𝘳𝘦!" The voice has a teasing edge, making me freeze. It was the same voice that was in my head.

A hand pulled the door open. I couldn't help but step backwards, only to be stopped by the sink rim.

And then... the stall was was empty?

It was just... a toilet.

I knew it! I'm just freaking out over nothing!

"Okay. So maybe I'm going a little crazy over nothing-"

" 𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲. " A hand gripped my shoulder tightly.

"𝑤𝑎𝐴𝐻! 𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐸𝐾!"

I punched into whoever was next to me, only to hit the air. I was doomed.

----

Enjoy~!

Enjoy~!

EDIT- I will not be continuing this anymore! Hope you enjoyed