Half of the ball went back to flames as I fought to keep the bolts. I could feel the veins in my neck pop out as I growled for strength. Fox stood simply with one hand out, his face clenched as he too used immense strength. I knew I couldn't hold it much longer, so I swiftly released and fell flat, the fire passing above my head.

Another was fired, but I managed to mold them before they could reach me, however these continued one after another and I had to resort to dodging. That didn't last long on low charge.

I let out a scream when I failed at avoiding and the flames burnt my legs. I collapsed from the pain, knowing he could hear the it in my roar. I could see his smile illuminated from the walls.

"Are you tired of the pain yet?" I glared up at him, my skin inflamed. I bit my lip to hold back any cries, drawing more blood than I had from my tongue. He took a few steps and kneeled down to get face-to-face. His head tilted and his smile grew at the sight of my bloody face. And then I saw the glitch in his emerald eyes again. Was I actually stupid like he said, or was I just afraid of the only obvious answer to stopping this fae?

"I guess you're right." I spoke softer. "You don't seem ugly, you must've just settled for Fox's face because it was convenient, right."

"W-what?" The confusion was clear on his face, and I knew I had gotten his interest.

"I can imagine you now in my head." I looked up. "So much hotter than Fox, much more attractive because of your evil background." I looked back at his contorted face, the eyes shifting back and forth slowly. "Why did I have to be Fox's mate, right? He isn't that attractive, I'd rather have a taste of being your evil mate. It sounds much more enjoyable." I smirked despite the jolts of pain it caused.

"Are you insane?"

"Maybe I'm just soft-hearted and lack loyalty to my mate." I looked down at Fox's lips, telling myself it was still his body after all. "I want to kiss you, but this isn't your body." The orange eyes started to stay longer, and I knew I needed to continue. "This will just have to do." I leaned forward and locked lips with him, my heart beating faster than it ever had. If this didn't work I didn't know what would come next.

"You have to take me with you to the fae, I'm in love with you." I lied through my teeth before kissing him again, this time pushing him over. He didn't fight back, giving me the right sign that he was losing control.

"Take me with you when you leave Fox's body. Don't leave me here with the rabid dog." It was after that that I was pushed off of him  and a large growl sounded from Fox's body. I held my breath for a few seconds before I sat up and met eyes with the huge wolf in front of me. His orange eyes glowed against the walls but before I could breath with partial relief he had walked over to me and began licking the blood from my face. I felt tears line my eyes as his wolf has laid across me, seemingly to keep me from running away like I had suggested.

"Naomi?" Striker's voice from the doorway called. He didn't wait to extinguish the flames from the room, the smoke quickly clouding us. I began coughing and looked at Fox who was watching my lungs struggle. He seemed to hesitate before lifting his weight from me and Striker immediately rushed over to help me limp out of the room.

I collapsed as soon as we made it to the messy office, my pain now the first thing on my mind. I yelped at the consistent waves of pain from my burns which had Fox's wolf whining.

"The doctor's on her way here for the healing medicine, don't worry." Striker informed as Fox had began licking the blood from my face. I let out more tears of pain and clung onto my shirt's fabric, hissing at the stings.

"Do you want your medicine now?" I shook my head lightly before grunting. I put my hand to Fox's nose stopping him from cleaning my face further.

"Please stop." Striker went out of the room to the sound of the front door opening before he had returned with the doctor. She didn't ask any questions or wait for any explanation before she brought out the medicine and injected it in my arm. I inhaled sharply, my body tingling where I was burnt and beaten.

"You won't be able to use your lightning as long as this medicine is in your system, you understand?" She spoke to which I nodded. She looked up at the broken furniture and books laying in the office, her eyes landing on Striker for answers.

"I only know what I walked in on." He responded before she even asked.

"A fae was controlling Fox. He was going to kill me and then burn the pack down." I turned my head to look at Striker. "How did you escape their illusion?"

"They made a mistake, there was a glitch when we were trying to leave the house. Only I was too late, you had somehow gotten Fox back in control."

"Not Fox exactly, his wolf." We looked over at the dark wolf that had his paws across my stomach, seeming to hold me down.

"So the fae is still in him?" The doctor asked.

"I'm not sure. I didn't see if he left or not, but Fox isn't shifting back so he might be." I sat up after no longer feeling the tingles across my body. My face was sticky with some leftover blood I stopped Fox from cleaning, but other than that you wouldn't be able to tell I had been injured.

"I don't see the green in his eyes anymore, though." I ran my hand through his fur. "Will you shift back to Fox please? I promise what I said wasn't true." He grumbled a low growl at me. "I'm sorry, but I had to say anything to bring you forward." 

"He probably doesn't trust himself." After she spoke Fox immediately whined and rested his head in my lap. Silence surrounded the room as a heavy weight was added to our shoulders.

"So we can infer that the traitors were most likely controlled by the fae rather than just oddly turning their backs on their pack." I spoke.

"That would make more sense, yes." Striker agreed.

"We need to warn the pack. We can't keep this close danger a secret."

"You're right, but we also have to consider the panic it would bring." I looked at Striker, nodding in agreement.

"But this is a war at the same time. We can't let them stay calm, a little panic will bring out the protective wolves." Striker looked at me with an unsure expression.

"Fine, I'll organize an immediate meeting, but we need reassurance for them. We need to plan retaliation." I looked down, wondering if I could avoid harm for the rest of the pack.

"I have a plan." I looked at Striker confidently, but he wasn't so sure. "Call the meeting." I looked back down at Fox, my hand in his fur. I was the Luna of this pack for a reason. I was born with abnormalities for a reason. I couldn't continue being selfish.

---

Yes hi hello

I know this is too short after being gone for an eternity after lying cause yeah i'm a stupid bitch but what's new?

But for real I'm sorry to anyone who still even was waiting, this is for you. I'm determined to finish this I promise.

I've been dealing with a private situation (not corona) that has given me intense paranoia, I'm literally scared to graduate cause this person will be able to see me but yeah so I've had writer's block from that

Also if you're wondering why the house didn't burn down from the fire I didn't want to fit in an explanation in the chapter cause it would just make it too factual BUT the reason is because his flames were in the use of a weapon rather than destruction if that makes sense? idk how to explain how my mind thinks of it but Fox's fire is not normal just remember that.

thanks to the homies that stick around and want updates, it's what motivates me to finish this book :)

I hope everyone is staying safe and even if you're going through a hard time just remember that this will not be our forever lives, there will be light at the end of the tunnel and okay I'm done being somewhat inspiring

I will update asap (for real for real I won't vanish) it's summer for me now so I have a lot more time to be free minded and inspired to write