We nodded at her and she said "I am Lily the newly appointed maid and was in charge for today's arrangements" she said introducing herself.

Again I nodded and I saw her giving me a concerned look which was clear she was afraid if I didn't like her and we would fire her or something by lack of response.

I knew that look very well from when I came to age and the new maids in the Chase mansion gave me that look. One day Grace explained me then why they were concerned but she would assure them.

Yes the fact that I am mute is very well kept a secret even from the maids who are not in the family for long from the start.

Even in Kings Mansion only Mary and two others whom Asher knew for long time along with Trevor and Tim knew that's it.

You might be confused on how I run a company by keeping this a secret but yeah everyone thinks I don't like to talk and just prefer my communication through Ben.

I heard Asher's voice breaking me from my thoughts asking if I was hungry and I nodded.

He held my hand and we made it to the glass doors leading to the beach and I could see lights outside.

When we made it outside I was standing there shocked on how beautiful it was and I couldn't hold my tears from falling down.

There was a temporarily made gazebo of cloth decorated with Christmas lights and a candle light dinner arranged in the center.

"So what do you think?" he asked nervously rubbing his neck turning to me and it was the cutest thing seeing Asher King being nervous.

When he saw the tears his expression changed to concern and he held my cheeks asking why I was crying.

I moved slightly from him and gestured "I love you" and he just hugged me tightly.

"Seeing you cry I thought I messed up again" he said releasing a deep breath and again facing me.

"Let's go or else the food will get cold" he said taking my hand again.

When we reached the table he held out the chair for me. I took my seat and I felt him kiss my cheek again before going to his side.

I saw lily coming to us and opened the dishes which consisted steak and tuna salad along with white wine.

She served us and made her way back into mansion when Asher said he would take care from there.

We started eating and Asher started talking about how his life was in college and everything while I sat there happy about how free he is becoming day by day and how I am seeing his genuine smile which he smiles rarely.

"So what about you?" he asked and I just shrugged at him.

"I never went to a school or college" I gestured at him and added "I was home schooled"

He nodded and "What about you and Katty I guess the one who stormed into your office" added laughing about the incident.

Hearing he name made me pale and immediately he was beside me asking what happened.

"I am going to die" I gestured at him and he asked "What!?"

"I didn't call her after that and she is going to kill me" I said looking at him when I heard loud laughter from him.

I just glared at him when he added "You will be the death of me" and kissed my fore head going back to his seat still laughing.

"Don't laugh" I gestured and that made him laugh more which eventually made me smile.

After his laughing session settled down he asked "Is she that bad?"

"Worse than Maya" I gestured and now I saw his expression changing to slight fear.

"That bad!?" he asked gulping and I nodded, seeing him like that made me laugh now.

After that we talked for some more time sitting there near the beach while its breeze made us feel calm.

"Do you want to go on a walk?" he asked now looking at me and I nodded.

He got up and took my hand while we made our way to the shore line. I stopped him when he looked at me confused.

I gestured to his shoes and he immediately went to the gazebo so he could remove them.

You might be wondering about my stilettos I removed them half way through the dinner relieving my toes from the torture.

I thought he would be taking me for a date in a five star hotel or something so I wore them to give off the look.

But seeing that we were alone I didn't care about it and removed them when I couldn't bear them.

When he came back he held my hand again and we slowly made our way down to the south.

It felt so good and peaceful by the sound of the waves crashing on to the land and even making our feet wet while walking silently holding eachothers hand.

When we were far from the mansion Asher turned to me and held both my hands in his looking intently at me.

"Emma I am sorry" he started and I looked at him confused on why he is apologising suddenly.

"I was a fool to treat you like shit in the starting" he added and I gave a negative nod trying to stop him from being hard on himself but he just continued.

"Don't stop me Emma hear me out" he said and I nodded while added "As I was saying I was a dumb fool who treated you harshly and never treated you well. I was so judgemental about you the day we first met and how Ben was being there for you not even letting you defend yourself in the café made me assume you both were together. The day of our wedding I promise I wanted to give us a chance but when you didn't even say 'I do' I hated you for marring me for my money."

"That's the reason I treated you harshly and I didn't even try to ask you but left you on your own. But the day I found out why you couldn't say anything on our wedding day I hated myself and I guess I still hate myself for treating you like that without knowing anything" he said and added "Will you forgive me for this once and I promise I will always protect you and never hurt you"

I stood there crying and I don't even know why I was crying. Is it because how he thought I would marry him for money or is it because he is apologising when he wasn't even at fault for not knowing I was mute or is it because the love I felt in his words.

I felt him removing the tears from my cheeks by his thumb and he again added "It's okay if you need time to forgive me I will wait but don't cry Emma. Seeing your tears hurt me more than anything"

Listening to what he said I don't know how I got the courage but I held his neck bring him down to kiss him.

At first I didn't felt him react but within seconds he over took the kiss making it one of the best kisses I ever had even though I don't have anyone else to compare and I don't intend to either.

After the kiss he put his forehead on mine and asked "So does this mean I am forgiven?"

I nodded and he smiled the brightest I have ever seen him smile.

"I love you Mrs.King" he said making me blush and pecking my lips.

"I love you too" I gestured at him moving a bit away and he immediately pulled me back hugging me to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Thankyou readers! For reading this book.

Please do comment and vote

Lots of Love <3<3 :*