CHAPTER 18

Emma's POV:

After we went back Asher has to attend a meeting and we didn't see each other the remaining day.

At the end of day I was waiting in my office for Asher to come back so we can leave together like always.

I heard my phone ringing and answered it seeing Asher's name showing it is a video call.

I checked myself if I was presentable and answered his call to see black screen.

I looked at the screen confused and was about to cut the call hearing no one speak when I saw his face.

"Hey!" he said now looking at the screen and I waved back.

"I got struck in a meeting so I called you to let you know that you should go alone today back home. I will try to be back before 9 and don't wait for the dinner" he said sighing a bit when he mentioned that I should go home alone.

I nodded and he added "Trevor will be driving you back home and be safe"

I nodded again when I heard someone calling Asher from behind and he turned around to answer.

He again turned to the phone and said "Okay I should go. See you at home. Bye" to which I nodded and hung up the call.

At the same time I heard a knock to which I pressed the button which open's the door letting them come inside.

I saw Trevor coming in and "We will leave when you are ready Mrs.King" he said standing near the entrance.

It still feels weird and at the same time happy whenever someone addresses me as a King.

I nodded and kept my files away taking my handbag I went to the door and he followed me.

We went to the entrance when a car stopped in front of us. I think Asher asked someone to bring a car to pick me up.

Trevor guided me to the car and opened the backseat door so I can get inside and he took the passenger's seat beside the driver.

When we made it to the King's Mansion I saw Trevor still following me inside so I turned around to look at him and I didn't realise how tall he was until then.

He might be 6'4 or something with his built body which would have made me run for the mountains if it isn't for him to be my personal guard and Asher trusted him with me.

He stopped when I turned around and I raised my eyebrow in a way to ask him why he was still following me.

I think he understood so he immediately said "Mr.King asked me to be with you all the time when he is not around even inside the mansion"

What? Why? Who will come inside the mansion with dozens of guards around it?

I let out a sigh and turned around to go to our bedroom and still saw Trevor following me but he stopped just outside the room and stood there as if some froze him.

I let it go and went and took a quick hot shower relaxing the tension from my body when the events from today comeback to me.

It consisted of both happy and dreadful memories of knowing that I did not lost my voice by an accident but because of someone when I was kidnapped.

Thinking about it made me shudder and I realised that the water is becoming cool so I got out of the shower and went to the closet to put my nightwear on which consisted of pyjamas and a t-shirt. I would have preferred shorts but I don't think Asher would appreciate it if I roam around in them while Trevor following me everywhere.

When I went out of the bedroom and still saw Trevor standing there in his position. I made my way to the kitchen and saw Mary ordering other maids about some work and asking others who completed their task to leave.