CHAPTER 13

Asher's POV:

When we came out of the conference room Emma held my hand and took me in different direction from others.

Adam and Ben followed us till her cabin when she turned towards Ben and gestured something which I couldn't understand.

It is making me more irritated that I couldn't understand what she is saying.

But I saw that Ben and Adam did not follow us and we were the only one inside.

She went and sat on the couch in her office and I followed her.

She took out her notepad outside and wrote something and showed me.

"Did you know this is going to happen?"

"Yes" I said seeing her.

"Did you do something for this to happen?" she again wrote in her notepad and showed me.

"Why do you think I have something to do with this?" I asked her back so I can't answer her question.

"I saw that glint of achievement in your eyes" she wrote seeing accusingly at me.

"Maybe" I said not seeing her.

She made me turn towards her and showed the notebook where it was written "What do you mean by maybe?"

I gave out a sigh and said "I wanted to be with you that's it" looking at her.

I saw tears forming in her eyes so I hugged her immediately.

"If you feel burdened it is fine we can cancel everything. I just thought we can be together after this merge as the CEO's stay in the same building so I went and asked dad if he is ready and he was sure about you" I said hugging her and added "I missed you" slowly.

She pushed me back slightly and took her notepad writing something.

"It is fine. I am just afraid" she showed it.

"Don't be afraid Emma, everything will be fine. I trust you, you will do best. I will be there with you helping you if you need anything" I said her with my utmost sincerity.

She flung towards me hugging me which made me lost my balance and I fell on the couch while she fell upon on me.

We were so close that if anyone of us moved our face just a centimetre our lips would be touching.

This time to my surprise she started bending towards me when we heard a knock.

She suddenly got up and stood while I regained what happened cursing the person who knocked the door.

She went to her table and pressed a button which opened the door to let the person inside.

Adam came inside and said "Mr. King it is time for the meeting. We should get going"

Damn Adam he always knows how to disturb us. He was the one who called today morning as well.

"Okay, wait outside. I will come" I said and he left from there after giving a nod.

I went towards her and hugged her from back keeping my chin on her shoulder.

"I will be back at 7 to pick you up" I said to her and kissed her ear.

I reluctantly left her and was going towards the door when I felt her grip my hand.

I turned towards her and she is showing her notepad.

"I missed you too" is written on it as a reply from the earlier.

I bent down and gave her a peck on her cheek and left from there.