CHAPTER 14

Asher's POV:

I felt someone shaking me and I opened my eyes to see who it is.

Emma was standing there with uncomfortable expression and I immediately got up.

"What happened Emma? Are you fine?" I asked her trying to touch her forehead.

She nodded and was standing there with a look of hesitation.

"Do you need anything?" I asked her to give a push.

She nodded and took out her notepad showing what she wanted.

"What! How..?" I asked trying to see if she was serious.

"Can't you ask Mary or someone else?" I asked unsure.

She scribbled something on it and showed me again.

"Mary is on leave and there aren't any other maids at this hour" she showed me.

"Hmm..Okay" I said and got dressed when I saw her going into the washroom.

I went to the store nearby and started searching for what she asked.

I was slowly trying to take one packet without anyone seeing when I saw an older lady come towards me and ask "Is it for your girlfriend? What is her type?"

"No...wife. I don't know." I said slowly not knowing what to do so she handed me a packet.

I went to the billing and the girl in her teens "Lucky girl she is" said giving me back the packet and I left from there.

I went back fast as she might be waiting and took two steps at a time to reach the room.

"Emma" I said knocking the bathroom door.

She opened it slowly and I handed her the packet. I sat on the bed waiting for her to come out.

After sometime she came out of the bathroom looking so pale.

I made my way towards her and helped her to the bed.

"Why do you look so pale? Should I call the doctor?" I asked her after she sat down.

She gave a negative nod.

"Okay sleep for some more time. I will let Ben know you wouldn't come to office" I said and turned around to go when I felt her held my hand.

"Do you want anything?" I asked turning around and she nodded and showed her notepad.

I handed her the notepad and saw her scribbling something on it.

She gave me back and "Thank you and sorry for troubling you" was written on it.

"Emma it's okay. I will go now" I said and went inside the bathroom to get ready for work.

After getting ready I went down to prepare pancakes for her and took them up.

When I went inside the room I saw her sleeping so I left the breakfast there with a note.

After kissing her forehead I left for my work.

Emma's POV:

I got up after sometime feeling better and saw there was food on the bedside table along with a note Take Care –A. Maybe he asked one of the maids to prepare it.

That simple note made me forget about the pain in my stomach.

I went downstairs after getting fresh and was greeted by the maids who were cleaning the house on the way.