#1 [ONE-SHOT] - Bandages

TW: blood imagery
Word count: 2373
Summary: Roman had another fight with the Dragon Witch, and it's up to Virgil to treat his wounds.

"Roman, I believe your arm has healed. You can unwrap yo-"
"I SHALL NOT!"
With that, Roman left the teacher while having his left arm bandaged.
"Roman, It has been 6 months."
That was Logan's 715th attempt...

- ♡ -

Virgil loathed working more than it was necessary. That's why he did it.

Logan and Patton were out having a debate again on another issue. Nothing serious (but for Patton it was!) but on whether Thomas should adopt dogs or not. Again.

Remus got too attached to Janus' snakes and wanted them to take part in his bizarre, literal trash fashion show. No matter how many times Janus got frustrated, no matter how many times he tried to convince him or even shout at the stinky side not to dress his precious reptiles in rubbish, Remus just wouldn't give in.

And it was unknown what exactly Roman was doing. He only said that he had a serious business to take care of.

What did he mean? Where did he go? What if he gets seriously injured?

These questions were spinning around in Virgil's mind, not giving him peace for once in his life, when he was all alone and had literally nothing nor no one to worry about. However, questioning Roman's whereabouts was one thing, but the fact that it was Roman's whereabouts he was anxious about was strange.

Why does Virgil's head need to be revolving around that full of pride, pompous, handsome but clueless moron, who impressed him?! Especially when he has more important things to do! In this case, getting cereal for lunch was more important than worrying about Roman. Knowing him, he's probably fighting until death again.

Indeed, banters between the two, fortunately, has become a bit less frequent. That changed nothing in their relationship but it was impressive to see them on better terms.

Of course, Virgil was anxious...!

He couldn't help but imagine the consequences of anything that could possibly happen to Roman, how his perfect facial features will be ruined, and then Virgil would never get another chance to-

"YOU'RE GOING TO PAY FOR THAT NEXT TIME!"

Virgil's train of thought happened to be stopped by a charmingly deep voice, that sounded way too familiar to deny that he recognized it.

"What the fwuh, man..?!" True, he was angry at Roman for almost scaring the living poop out of him but he was even angrier at the fact that it depended on his currently not too stable neural system not to drop his bowl of fresh cereal, which he would've had to clean up if it'd broken, which would've caused even more worrying about whether he'd slip or get cut.

Roman didn't notice anyone until he heard Virgil's loud yell which was uncharacteristic from him. He turned into the direction of the voice and took a step forward to at least see the gloomy side standing in the kitchen.

"In case it didn't come across your mind, Bangs. I dealt with a brutal mistress, as usual."

"And you lost."

Obviously, for no reason, Roman's insecurities immediately took over and his expression softened into a much less confident one. He definitely couldn't let his pride crash into pieces!

"As a matter of fact, Mr. Haunter, I would joyously provide something that proves otherwise...!" Roman desperately tried not to sound (according to him) pathetic. "I will, doubtless!"